Thread: Can you look this over? ls swap

Potential Tuner

Can you look this over? ls swap

Hi all,

Not a tuner. I am doing an ls swap into my 85 jeep. THis is an offroad vehicle only.

Motor is 2004 lm7. Keeping FBW. I have changed tire size and gear ratio. Turned off vats, rear o2, evap, no delay for pe, COT off.
    Set tach for 8 cyl.

I have added a fan and set temp control. I was wondering about this. OEM says 187 deg thermostat. Look at temps.

Feel like looking at my file and telling me what I missed or did wrong? Everything i did I got from research online so Im looking for feedback

I have attached my modified file along with the OEM stock file.

Thanks for the help !!!
    Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have not looked at your files but don't forget to turn off EGR, fuel level sensors, air injection (all, if equipped) and a whole bunch of DTC's for things.

Rick
    1970 Chevrolet El Camino LM7 5.3 liter mill and a 4L60E transmission.

You'll want to disable the abuse mode on the engine side being a swap vehicle. Set them to 8,000rpm and 0 mph so it doesn't cut power on you.

Make sure that you are running the GM spec'd fuel pressure on this jeep, you need/want 58psi so it runs like it did in the Silverado.

Your PE is still set like factory, so all the delays are still there. This isn't anything that is wrong but it surely can be setup better. Try 60% hot/cold pedal, raise the MAP kpa enable to 80kpa, lower the enable torque to 80%. Lower the rpm delay from 5,000rpm to 1,500rpm. Increase the enrichment ramp in rate to 2.000. Those should help with how quickly it enters PE when you want it too.

Past that it should just start up and run like it should. If you have no weird issues like vacuum leaks or exhaust leaks pre-o2 sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the help guys!!!!

Potential Tuner
    Im looking at the mentioned setting guys. Thanks so much. I am hoping for first start this week