Thread: Easy NGuage storage upgrade

Potential Tuner

Easy NGuage storage upgrade

The Nguage I have has a 4GB Micro SD storage card in it. The storage card holds the firmware for the Nguage, as well as stock and any custom tunes you load onto it. AND, your data logs are also stored there. 4GB is a good amount of storage for what it is being used for, but for about $7 you can upgrade that to 32GB. I got a Sandisk 32GB Micro SD card on Amazon for $6.99 on prime. The Nguage doesn't boot from the storage device, so the replacement Micro SD 32GB card doesn't need any special formatting to use it. Larger Micro SD cards may have a different file system on them, which could be a problem. 32GB and smaller all run fat32. Don't worry about that. Stay 32GB or smaller and your good.

You need both Micro SD cards connected to your computer so you can copy all files and folders from the Nguage storage card to the new storage card. I used the Micro SD to SD adapter that came with the Nguage to get one of them connected, and used a mini usb to usb cable to connect the NGuage itself to the computer.

Using Windows file explorer, copy all files and folders from the NGuage storage card to your new SD card. Then, disconnect both storage cards from the computer. Remove and swap the new storage card into the Nguage. That's it. Done.

I reconnected the Nguage to my system and it booted right up, and now I have the extra storage available. Doubt I'll ever fill it. But, I can datalog to my heart's content and not even sweat it.
    Cheers.

You can do it with just one card slot. Copy the files to your computer first, then to the new card.

Potential Tuner
    Lol. True that. A bit of overthinking it on my part.