Thread: 6.0 Tuning, Starting out tuning

Potential Tuner

Exclamation 6.0 Tuning, Starting out tuning

Hey guys, i have a sct and want tobe able to tune my trick more by myself i have custom tunes, can i pull them from my truck and revise them or do i have to start with a stock file? Any classes on this also? thanks

Tuner
    Unfortunately probably not custom tunes are locked you will get a read error you?ll have to revert back to stock

if the truck is tuned with sct you'll need to return to stock and get a stock read the file wont open up after you read in hpt.

Try and pull the tunes, worst case is it'll give you an error. I have pulled tons of SCT tunes on mustangs which is around the same year so you can get lucky sometimes. Be sure to return your truck to stock and pull that stock tune and save it. Be sure to make a copy of the stock tune and post it in here. We can help you, myself or Jeffery and a few others will share anything we know and enjoy helping.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    If not custom tunes you can pull canned tuned. I would start with stock read and compare to a canned tune for reference of tricks they use. You have ficm tuning you can use so definitely use it. ICP fooling can only get you so far. Actually scaling pulse maps is better. I never tuned trans so I can't speak on that end of it but it seems that most people agree 400 tire is safe with a bump on apply pressure tables and lock to lock shifting. Stock injectors if you have them max at 135cc's. I'm not aware of what pulse width you have to run them at to achieve that full fuel shot. These guys will know more than me at this point. I have touched 6.0ls for a few years.