Thread: 99 Mustang Procharger issues with idle

Potential Tuner

99 Mustang Procharger issues with idle

Hi, first post here, hope i can get some ideas from you guys.
    Car is 99 Mustang with procharger kit, engine is stroked from 4.6 to 5.1, upgraded MAF sensor and injectors, both calibrated with good AFR on idle.
    Currently running on Open Loop for tuning purposes.

Problem is the spark timing, it's jumping all over from -4? to 18? on idle causing very erratic behaivour.
    Did a lot of tweaking but can't seem to find the correct adjustments, Any ideas of what do i need to set?

Here is an screenshot of the log:

Advanced Tuner
    Would need to see the file to see what tables are available.

stft -100 ?

check your fuel pump or bap.

Tuner in Training
    Make sure rear o2s are plugged in

well, at least you can get yours to run....

Tuner in Training
    Turn off your rear 02 fueling compensation adjust idle up to 725-750 ( for now). Leave stock rpm error on idle alone. Turn up 02 heater , and if you have headers you need to adjust the integrator delay. Check your spark source parameter in scanner and see if it?s bouncing between the base table and idle feedback
    Last edited by Go4Broke; 01-03-2020 at 01:44 AM.

Tuner in Training
    And if you scaled up your the load parameters on the timing tables, go back to stock and see if it smoothes out. Been having issues as well woth anything over 1.0 load. Shits been a little buggy lately. Join the club

Tuner in Training
    And is anyone scaling down the CID?. These ecm?s can?t handle large MAFs and injectors without doing it. Also, just curious, what?s your wideband reading? I see you have an LM 2. Hopefully it?s not entering closed loop, and swinging back and forth from your OL base table to CL/stoich that'll also cause some really bad swings that the ECM will try to correct with ignition timing. you gotta double check all the OL requirements and make sure they are met to include disabling CL min 02 heater temp, min etc, load,etc. it happened to me. there?s a few... If you populate closed loop parameter In your channels does is say ?NO? all the time. Can?t see your channels list. the editor seams to be doing its job as of late, but I?ve been getting bad scanner data as well as logic lock. My cluster even freaks out after a few minutes of logging.
    Last edited by Go4Broke; 01-03-2020 at 02:35 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Ive been having horrible trouble with a NA stage 2 cammed 2v with a vortech, lightning maf and 47s..... I finally got it to go into boost. Gobroke yes change your CID to 66 or 67 and then scale fuel 50% to start with and cut the maf as well. The one ive been doing is causing problems due to the NA cams and 4.10s. Only 2v ive had trouble with so far.

Tuner in Training
    So I only have engine size/ displacement of 8(cyl) and 0.00155lb under General Tab. As well as Dynamic airflow ?estimates volume of intake manifold? of 5.75L under Airflow, Speed Density Tab. The 5.75L sounds closer to an airflow prediction calculation for the fueling then whatever value they are giving you under engine displacement. In SCT you simply changed the engine displacement in cubics inch diameter. Even if you convert to lbs, the HPT value is way different.

Tuner in Training
    So, I finally got my car idling, driving and making boost yesterday. Didn?t make a lot of huge changes except putting all timing tables back to stock, and running CL up to about 225 throttle A/D counts (not available in channels list unfortunately). It gave me some idle stability with fueling to get the MAF table under control around idle. I absolutely had to use the wideband for this. But this wasn?t possible till the latest update. Atleast for me. Trying to use the narrows to get this thing happy (even at stoich, was way to inconsistent. Made a really simple EQ error math channel, with MAF A/D counts as the Row axis (same as the scanner). Only commanded EQ channels available are bank 1 bank 2 specific, but the scanner was able to average them properly and get me some solid numbers this time. This is where I left off weeks ago before the scanner began freezing up and giving me bad data. I can definitely say everything seams to be working properly now. Scanner still glitches and freezes if you use it for long periods of time. So you gotta make sure the car is warmed up before logging. I know this is difficult for some ppl. But at the bare minimum try and park it indoors so your cold starts aren?t so bad. The timing tables are still not responding to scaling. It causes some pretty wierd issues. However, those of you guys running boost up to about 8lbs should be fine in stock tables. I max out at about 15 degrees at 0.9 Load and full boost. That is more than safe for 91 octane pump gas. Haven?t touched knock sensor or VID block setting either.