Thread: Dialing in PE at WOT

Tuner in Training

Dialing in PE at WOT

Any tips on how to dial in PE perfectly?

Right now high rpm disabled above 3000, I see +- 5 percent of my target PE at WOT. I primarily use my MAF frequency to change actual AFR, but it seems it will either shoot a little high or low, and you can see lambda fluxuate rapidly within a given MAF frequency tab (example bounce .82-.88 lambda at 10,750HZ from 6000-6600rpm)

Would scaling the VE table help, even if the ECM is using primarily the MAF for fueling?

I can't see your Lambda fluctuate.
    Got any info on the setup, and you know the routine---post the tune and log.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Here are the files. Let me know what you think!
    Its a 2000 Transam, Cam only FBO LS3 with a t56. 0411 ECM, DBC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 86buick1; 12-12-2019 at 10:25 AM.

That attached file is a fuzzy picture of something. Post your .hpt tune file and your .hpl scan file.

Tuner in Training
    Tell me if this works? Uploaded directly from scanner and editor save folders.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 86buick1; 12-12-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

The VE is always used, even in the background.

Tune your VE tables and see if it gets better. You should have applied the speed density OS to remove the secondary VE table, makes things much faster for tuning VE.

Don't rule out other possible causes like a minor voltage drop to the fuel pump causing a drop in fuel pressure. But in the end if you are within a few percent of the commanded the entire time I wouldn't even bat an eye when dealing with a decently modded engine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the information.
    Should I still apply the speed density OS? Or, is it not worth it?

It's up to you.

You could flash back to stock, then apply the speed density OS and copy over the previous tune data. The speed density OS just removes the secondary VE and it's just something I prefer to do on those early computers. The MAF still functions like normal. If you keep what you have it's not a big deal, it's just another step for copy/pasting the data between the two VE tables because the primary isn't used during speed density tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.