Thread: ZF8 Clutch shift type - mapped incorrectly

Advanced Tuner

ZF8 Clutch shift type - mapped incorrectly

Last edited by spoolboy; 08-04-2023 at 08:22 AM.

Tuner in Training
    You are correct on that it only shows normal in every mode

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners:

Normal, Perf, Sport, Max: these are shift strategies. Which one is used by which mode is actually quite a cluster and we don't have an easy way to show which is which, so its being added as a loggable parameter in Beta, under "Clutch Shift Type". For example, on a Hellcat, Normal trans mode in Drive, uses "Normal". But put it into Manual Mode with Normal Trans still selected, and now it uses Perf tables.

Sgoyal, do you see "Perf" in manual mode?
    2016 Challenger 6.4 ZF8 - Clutch Shift Type - I never see Max @spoolboy. Car has tazer, puts car in Sport mode. Talking about drive mode in the srt pages. When I chose Track there the type changes to Sport on the log. Does your log ever show yours in Max mode?

Advanced Tuner
    Mine still doesn?t ever go to max. See what happens in a couple weeks when the strip opens. I appreciate your input on here. And your openness. Where else do you see issues?

Tuner
    Do you have a log of it?

Advanced Tuner
    from a cold start, to a putt, to attempted street pass at 20:58:15

for the pass i clicked shifter over to tiptonic so i could roll into it in 2nd and not kill tire, as soon as wot i clicked it back over to auto. spun going into 3rd and 4th a lil

*i know i need to add some channels. i am just getting started plz cut slack : )
    **which would you add for trans tuning?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LilSick; 12-31-2022 at 03:24 PM.

Tuner
    Definitely some trans tune changes would make it more interesting to drive:
    - Shift Schedule
    - Torque Management
    - Torque Converter closing/opening
    - Downshift (at 20:59:18 - engine deep priors downshift - unnecessary load in the shifting elements)
    - light throttle upshift (at 20:52:36 and 20:57:06) - shift harmonization (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvmaW3YmmGw&t=1s)

In case you need support, get in touch with me via email: [email protected]

Thanks.
    Dodge Boy

Advanced Tuner
    i dont see anything funny with the downshift you are referrring to because i do not know what to look for yet but at 08:58.29 when i lifted and clicked N the throttle hung. So weird as it had never done that before. That tune was done with CMR software. Thought i attached it? Well here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    You might not feel anything weird, but definitely your trans is feeling it.... LilSick - Downshift Issues.png

Also, it would be good to have further specific trans signals

Dodge Boy
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I see what you mean. Something is dragging the rpm down a lil and causing more wear than necessary. I had just wrote a calibration to it. Does doing so reset the adaptives? Will driving it help it straighten itself out for stuff like that like the NN is posed to?

Tbh I am mostly concerned with wot shifting. I do not know how worn this trans is. Car only has 15k miles on it and about 150 drag radial 1/8 mile track passes.

What other parameters do you suggest logging for the light throttle driving/downshifts?

Thank you