Thread: 08 Mustang engine trans swap Bcm code deletes?

Advanced Tuner

08 Mustang engine trans swap Bcm code deletes?

Hello, this might not be supported it seems. But I have a vehicle with 08 Mustang engine/trans swap. He used everything from the Mustang, gauge cluster, fuel pump etc. The only problem is the gauge cluster is showing all the body codes, i.e. abs, door ajar, tire pressure sensors, etc. This swap is in an old 53 Ford pu, so obviously it doesn't have tire pressure, door pins, abs sensors etc. Is there any way to acces the Bcm to shunt these codes?

Forscan can do it although you need to wire in at least one door switch so the cluster and bcm will properly shutdown, or else they will stay on for 10-15 minutes after the key is off

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, Thank you. I will try Forscan and have him wire in a door switch. I appreciate your help!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by crash01 View Post
    Forscan can do it although you need to wire in at least one door switch so the cluster and bcm will properly shutdown, or else they will stay on for 10-15 minutes after the key is off
    Does Forscan allow you to flash the Bcm? Or does it just allow you to clear codes? I would need to delete, or shunt the Bcm codes that are coming up.

Advanced Tuner
    Forscan will allow you to make changes to the BCM programming.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, do I need an interface software? I messaged Forscan, and they didn't seem to think I could reprogram the Bcm. Thanks for the input.

Advanced Tuner
    Their forum will be a better resource to get your questions answered https://forscan.org/forum/

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you. I will go check that out.