2015 Mustang GT A6

Paxton Novi 2200 supercharger kit
    Kooks Long Tube Headers with X-pipe
    FIC 1000cc Injectors
    Ported 2018 Manifold
    DW400 9-403-1047 Fuel Pump
    E85

Hello,

I've been having a hard time getting rid of this surging at part throttle, between Air Load 0.5-0.8 Load and 2800RPM-4500RPM, especially in the 3500-4500 range. Car is great wide open and made 672.2 RWHP on my Dynamite Dyno

The surge was pretty bad
    Screenshot (28).png
    surging 3.hpl
    Justin 2015 Mustang gt paxton supercharger e85 fic1000 2018 manifold kooks headers 2.hpt

I've Started with speed density using the calculator in the editor. Made some improvement where it will not throw you around in your seat, but still very noticeable.
    Screenshot (29).png
    surging 4 better.hpl

Then adjusted spark tables. Much better driveability.
    Screenshot (30).png
    surging 6 better.hpl

Then started adjusting torque tables. No Improvement
    Screenshot (31).png
    surging 7 better.hpl

I looked through other threads and tried their methods and I haven't had any luck.

Here's the file where I am currently at in the file. A point in the right direction will help. Thank You.

Justin 2015 Mustang gt paxton supercharger e85 fic1000 2018 manifold kooks headers 6.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Does the car still have active IMRC's? Plain and simple, I'd get rid of at least half of the mapped points you have enabled. Instead of editing all these tables in multiples of 25, you could cut it down to less than 10 sets of tables, Borderline, MBT, Torque/Inverse. Your torque tables have a grey area in an important part of the table. You're giving a lot of room for error and miscalculation.
    Your torque tables are giving you issues. You chose strange load values for the torque axis. Why not make it simple, and use multiples of .10, .20 or .25 for the bottom two or three rows? .1, .2, .3, .4, .5, .6, .8, 1.2, 1.6. The axis on the torque table represents the load for the torque on the inverse axis.
    torqueissue.png

Yes the car still has IMRC Active with the VMP Connectors. I'll go through and make the changes and report back. Could IMRC being active cause this issue?
    Last edited by Robert00MustangTurbo; 12-13-2019 at 02:26 PM.

I went through and made the changes and the surging is still there. I'm going to check to see if there's mechanical issues because I noticed on the boost/vacuum gauge on the dash it would go all over the place as soon as the blow off valve closes and load increases

Here are the logs and the tunes of the changes I've made so far.

This one I just adjusted inverse
    Justin 2015 Mustang gt paxton supercharger surging 1.hpt

This one I used the HP Tuners Calculator
    Justin 2015 Mustang gt paxton supercharger surging 2.hpt

Inverse only
    surging 11.hpl

Hp tuners calculator
    surging 12.hpl

One thing I forgot to mention, This does have the Vortec Maxflow Race Valve. The surging only happens when the blow off valve is closed

This log the IMRC is disabled and positioned open
    surging 13.hpl

Here is the next log

IPC error is much lower but still there. Car still surges as soon as the BOV closes and the dash sees boost. Drive's much better though. IMRC active

Screenshot (33).png

Log and tune attached
    surging 15 ipc to a minimum.hpl
    Justin 2015 Mustang gt paxton supercharger surging still.hpt

Edit: additional log

surging 17 ipc to a minimum.hpl
    Last edited by Robert00MustangTurbo; 12-13-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Senior Tuner
    FIC's Hi slope seems consistent in their data, but I think their low slope data is off. This is giving you very rich fuel trims in decel and low throttle. This probably caused some error in your MAF curve. Making your Idle load/torque incorrect.

I would use the 164.4 lb/hr low slope value they have in the 58PSI tab. I would also make just the low slope multipliers all 1's. the fuel pressure is nearly always going to be 58PSI, damn close to it, just as your inferred tables indicate. Redo the MAF curve after that in the lower air flow portions, if needed. This should eliminate the very rich trends when you are letting off the throttle slightly or ECU wanting to close it, helping it to not close it too much. Basically you are going to make the base of the air model more accurate, making the entire pedal feel more accurate.
    Last edited by murfie; 12-15-2019 at 06:13 AM.