Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 corvette E40 SD with FIC1650 injectotors IDC over 100% on PID

Tuner in Training

2005 corvette E40 SD with FIC1650 injectotors IDC over 100% on PID

hi I don't usually post here since I get to tune only my vehicles and its been successfully but I ran into this E40 with a hard code computer running this FIC1650 injectors cut and half and double the IFR, tuning has been easy no issues, my only concern is that when data log I seen Injector Duty cycle over 100% which its impossible due to having a triple pump Fore fuel system with 525 pumps and big injectors only making 19lbs of boost, fuel system stays over boost levels when peak RPM, there is no loss of boost or pressure what so ever but still shows IDC maxed out.
    Now the only changed I did was the injectors and I went from a 2bar map to a 2.5 bar map, I did enter the correct linear and offset for the map and enter all the injector data provided even when go ahead and changed data with ID Data and Fuel injector clinic data and there was no difference just more tuning to do. I can post a recent log if that will help unless somebody knows how to fix the issue first.
    thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Nothing is impossible, you might have a restriction in the fuel system somewhere or one of the fuel pumps might not be kicking on. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Tuner in Training

fuel System

Quote Originally Posted by ZincGT View Post
    Nothing is impossible, you might have a restriction in the fuel system somewhere or one of the fuel pumps might not be kicking on. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?
    Fuel System has -10 feed into two at fuel rails then -8 returns two out, fuel pressure gauge shows 18psi at top or the pull no drops no loosing pressure at all, i just went and did a third gear roll without having any issues besides still says im 125% duty cycle which i know is not true, all three pumps comes on i had already check each one on the dyno and they come on, the fuel pressure gauge it shows 18-19lbs over set idle pressure without vaccum. so 58psi plus 20psi total

Advanced Tuner
    post your log please

Tuner in Training

log

Quote Originally Posted by ZincGT View Post
    post your log please
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    i notice belt slip atound 16lbs and 17lbs but fuel pressure never dropped.

Tuner in Training
    i was told injector data might be wrong so i went go ahead and check all data about 3 times already and everything seems to be ok, the only thing i've changed was fuel system, injectors and added a 2.5 bar map cause of duty cycle issue so i figure new everything will fix that issue but no sir, still have same BS issue.

Post tune too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Got a flow sheet with the injectors?

Tuner in Training
    yes i had enter all Data correctly from FIC that was provided, i also tried entering ID1700 Data and Detchworks Data and re tune the Ve, timing etc but still not solve the mistery.

Tuner in Training
    i didnt have any issues until i switch to ID1300 then i was noticing 92% Duty Cycle that after few Pulls it turn into 115 Duty cycle, therefore i pull down the tank and inspect everyhting and notice the pumps had enough so i replace them with two 525 and one 274, i cheked fuel lines filter check valves fuel rails, regulator, fuel pressure gauge and put it back together hopping that will do it but no luck.
    this was done maybe a month ago i took it for a drive and watch my pressure the whole time wich it stayed at 82 psi at top of the pull making 20lbs of boost. i look at my gauge that also records the pressure peak and if any drops but it was good to go, now i dont know if data on tune is incorrect cause i went over with local tuner from a very reputable shop in town that used to work for and he took his time on it didnt find anything wrong on the tune, i also put all tuning settings back to stoich and reverse IVT terms Fuel flow rate VE tables, timing tables etc to make sure it wasnt the other tune and took it for a drive and did it again.

Senior Tuner
    are u sure when u picked the inj duty cycle maths pid that u didnt pic the 2 stroke one ? as that will double the value looking at the maths

Tuner in Training
    i duble check that as well. i posted a log as you can see its 4 stroke

Advanced Tuner
    You sure your regulator is good?

Tuner in Training
    Regulator was sent back to Fore innovations to do some testing and came out good, no leaks on the diaphragm, plunger and spring is good, so at this point I don’t know what else to do, I guess I’m the only going through this issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Your voltage drops to 12v, that will effect fuel flow from the pumps, it will also effect your injector offset increasing your pulse width.

Tuner in Training
    Ok that’s one thing I did notice the voltage going low, I’m using alternator power positive post to the fore controller with everything they provide on their kit and the 100amp inline fuse, should I move it to the battery instead ? It has new alternator and new battery as well , I just changed the battery two days ago.

Advanced Tuner
    You mentioned belt slip, is the alt on the supercharger belt? Maybe add a capacitor to provide the correct voltage to the pumps when vehicle voltage is low. Boost a pumps are also very good at maintaining higher voltage levels when supplied voltage is low.

Tuner in Training
    Belt slip at the blower, I went go ahead and order tuff stuff 200AMP alternator today. That should take care of the power output to the pumps

Tuner in Training
    Well after installing new alternator, belts and new tensioner I was able to see voltage 13.85 at WOT every time I log but still have no solution on IDC going over 100%, I tried running one pump at a time a log fuel press and it held pressure, I’m seeing 82 psi at 6600 rpm no loosing pressure at all my air fuel at Lambda is 0.77 - 0.78 all the way across and I notice dynamic airflow going Max at 4636lb/hr vs before it will only go to 3600 lb/hr and 1.06 g/sec before at peak 6600RPM vs 1.52 g/sec now . Is there something related with airflow that I might have to turn off on the tune besides setting Dynamic airflow high low to disable, this is set to be Speed Density only
    Thanks