Thread: Help with stall issue after MAFLESS - Gen 4 L98 VCM 11, VCM OTR, 6L80e

Tuner in Training dion.climo@renova.co.nz's Avatar

Angry Help with stall issue after MAFLESS - Gen 4 L98 VCM 11, VCM OTR, 6L80e

Hi all,

I've recently went to a MAFless tune on my 07 VE SS but cant solve a stalling issue. Has run fine on the MAF tune for over a year but now it stalls with more than a tiny amount of throttle when you first put it in gear. If you let her roll in D or R and get some momentum before throttling-up it pulls nicely but stalls when you come to a stop if you don't shift to neutral (usually lol). Revs clean and crisp across the RPM range.

Initially she wouldn't idle at all so after several unsuccessful writes we solved that with a hole in the butterfly.

This tune is built from from an identical car that runs fine with a healthy 356kw at the hubs.

Attached is the last MAFless file and any help/thoughts that can prevent me losing what little hair I have left would be much appreciated

What have I missed?

12Dec_MAFLESS_TUNE_stalls.hpt

Cheers,
    Dion

Depending on the size of the hole you put in the throttle body, you will need to add some airflow to your base idle airflow table.
    Also will need to add some timing to your base idle spark table.
    Make sure your fuel trims are in the ballpark as well.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    add a log please
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

max out your "Max Fail" under Effective Area under Idle -> Airflow. Also maf isn't failed correctly
    Last edited by luisdavid11; 12-17-2019 at 04:19 PM.