Thread: 2.0 ltg in a airboat

Tuner in Training

2.0 ltg in a airboat

As the title says Im putting a 2.0 LTG out of a 2016 Malibu in a airboat. I just purchased HPTUNERS. My standalone harness and tuned PCM was put together by Swap Time. I have the motor running but realized I left out the boost sensor when the faults showed up. As soon as I get the boost sensor put in the system I will run the motor again to check for faults. In the near future I will be asking a lot of questions.
    HttJqh2.jpg

Tuner in Training
    HttJqh2.jpg

Trying to get these pics bigger.
    Last edited by FISHSTICKER; 12-13-2019 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Double

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Thats looking nice. Is that Ballistics GM gearbox?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Correct, that’s the Ballistic direct bolt on reduction. 2.3:1. No adapter required.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    thats a fine piece of work you got there, the whole package.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Boat is done. Moved the motor into the boat for mock up. Working on the rigging.
    D2f0XrY.jpg

Tuner in Training
    Wont be too much longer and I'll be bothering you guys for some advice. I currently have the E80 ECM. I am starting to gather parts for my next LTG/AIRBOAT build. For my application (no transmission) is one ECM better than another? I think there is one that supports a ethanol sensor E39A? Anyway, which one would you pick? Or is there really no significant difference between them? E39,E80,E92................

Tuner in Training
    The E80 and E80A now both fully support flex fuel.

Tuner in Training
    Boat is all together and running.......but appears to be in limp mode. I’ll post up the trouble codes.
    JiW6L58.jpg
    Last edited by FISHSTICKER; 04-24-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Tuner in Training
    With the E80 Computer is it possible to read the factory wideband o2 that comes on the 2016 LTG with HPTUNERS? I can't figure out how to make it show up.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHSTICKER View Post
    With the E80 Computer is it possible to read the factory wideband o2 that comes on the 2016 LTG with HPTUNERS? I can't figure out how to make it show up.
    Yeah... in the main channels search for WB EQ

Here is a pic of my 2018 Regal FWD E80A scan with the wideband input...

Click on image
    18' Regal WB.png

Tuner in Training
    Update. We could not get the E80 to make more than 3600 rpm. I had another harness put together to run the E39A. Originally had the same damn problem. Top out at about 3600 rpm. Tuner spent a total of about 5 hours on line with me on team viewer and finally after messing with mostly the torque tables we got it to start making real power. Holds about 21 PSI BOOST. Now I believe I could swap back to the E80 and probally get it to work also. I greatly appreciate the time that Alpha Fab put in to help me get the E39A going. Getting this thing to run in stand alone was a long bumpy journey for me.

I really want to learn how to tune this beast myself. What plan would you guys recommend for a aspiring tuner? Use the Tuning school courses? Looking for recommendations. I have found some usefully info on this site. Thanks to all those who contribute. One day I may be able to give a little back.

Tuner in Training