Thread: Pats system

Tuner in Training

Pats system

hi guys
    can anyone help please
    i have changed a 2008 ford mustang auto to a manual for a customer and the pats system appears to have locked me out.
    under advice from a ford tech in the states i changed the pcm from the donor car and bought a new engine harness which i have installed.
    the message i get on my screen with hp tuners is transfer request x7f negative response.
    after sending all requested info to hp tuners support they seem to think there is an issue with swapping files from spanish oak 2048k and spanish oak 1024k they have also suggested that will be work to do on the pats side as well.
    i can confirm that i have tried to access pats through my autel system and will not allow me to do this.
    any help you can give would be greatly appreciated please.
    i no longer have the original pcm for the auto but have retained all the info so would it be an option to buy a new auto pcm and use hp tuners to switch off the PATS and disable the auto switch in hope it would allow me to put the manual tune in.
    many thanks
    regards
    mike

Advanced Tuner
    youi should be able to go into the tune file under system and disable the PATS

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    youi should be able to go into the tune file under system and disable the PATS
    many thanks and i do know that but i cant read or write a file to the car anymore

Tuner in Training
    can someone tell me please if i use the original pcm can i hook up hp tuners and switch off the auto tansmission will it funtion with the manual transmission many thanks