Thread: 2000 gmc jimmy tune with no cat and throttle body mod

Tuner

2000 gmc jimmy tune with no cat and throttle body mod

Curious if anyone has taken any effort besides mine, retuning the vortec v6 with the throttle blade mod and the removal of the catalytic convertor? It starts kind of crappy with all new parts for the tune up. Only when its cold... And, its the black pcm. Not the nice one.... So VE tuning is a little more difficult. Any suggestions? I was looking into timing for idle and cranking. I haven't really moved anything around since I am not all the familiar yet with the workings of everything.

Thanks in advance!

Potential Tuner
    Just with a blade mod and removal of the convertor should not make it start any worse. Did it start bad before these modifications? There may be an underlying issue causing the starting issue which may ultimately affect any attempts at tuning. Some of the common vortec issues: fuel pressure, spider unit, cap, rotor, plugs, wires. All the starting issues (before my cam swap) were due to cap/rotor/wires. And once was from a leaking poppet on the spider unit.

Tuner in Training
    looks like your tune is bad, oh wait you didn't load anything to go by. Seems like more than half these posts are could you tell me what's wrong with my auto, without any scans or tunes uploaded, goes to show who were dealing with lol.