Thread: License questions

Tuner in Training

License questions

I have an e38 2010 Camaro computer. I read that tune and wrote it to a 2012 e38 computer. I had to buy a license for the 2010 Camaro file and then one for the 2012 computer. Removed vats and wrote the 2010 file on the 2012 computer. All is good. Remembered I had to remove the rear o2 and now it states that the 2012 computer is unlicensed even though it just wrote to it. Tried to rewrite the exact same file that I just wrote to it and it wont take that one either.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its because you probably have a 2012 e38 computer with a 2010 operating system and a 2012 vin now because of how you went about it. This will require you to license the new vin/os pairing you created. Perfectly normal.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Is there an order of operations to go about this to not have to buy a license for every change? With what I did is my original 2010 computer unlocked now?

Yeah, use a dealership tool to flash it first with the VIN/OS pair you want instead of licensing two different files and likely ending up needing to spend another license because of the new VIN/OS pair you created.

Doing it the other way means you only license it once.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Its because you probably have a 2012 e38 computer with a 2010 operating system and a 2012 vin now because of how you went about it. This will require you to license the new vin/os pairing you created. Perfectly normal.
    So if the 2012 computer had the vin changed to the 2010 one would it need a new license?

If the 2012 computer was flashed back to its original state would the license be valid then?

When I licensed the 2010 file before it would let me write it to the 12 computer, is the computer from that file now licensed?

Reason for all this was I got a 2012 camaro computer for a swap that was an auto and it was going into a manual car. My personal camaro is a 2010 manual car so I just read that file and wrote that to the 2012 on I got. Could I have found a 2012 manual calibration and only had to get one license?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how the licensing works, I'm new to HP tuners, I've been on efi live until recently