Thread: 6l80 6l90 cleaning

Tuner in Training

6l80 6l90 cleaning

two issues i am having when trying to run the cleaning on 6l90 transmission;

1) the "special functions" window graphics are broken up and you can't read the complete tab on the window that opens. looks like a graphic issue, anyone else have this problem in VCM scanner? running version 4.4.4. anyone else seen this or have a fix for it?

2) when I click on clean trans tab it immediately says aborted in the "trans cleaning status" channel. no other indication of what may be causing it to immediately abort.
    I do have two codes in the trans, 1915, and 2723. would these codes prevent trans from starting the clean? trans is a fresh rebuild after clutch pack failure, so there may be some debris that made its way through the system despite best efforts of flushing lines, etc.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Did you clean the TEHCM ? The switches can get crap under the discs which will give false switch indications which is related to those codes.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I did clean under the discs. But I am wondering if junk from inside a line pushed into it after refilling. Taking it apart to clean it again now.

Do you know the criteria for the system to run the clean and if having a code present will prevent it from initiating?
    Last edited by Neff Motorsports; 12-20-2019 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Tuner in Training
    Update: codes present are "permanent" codes, which after some research i see require a drive cycle to clear. I have proper actuation of pressure switches and engagement in gears correctly. So this should not prevent the transmission from going through a clean cycle when activated in HP tuners. Would improper brake signal prevent the trans from going into the clean procedure?