Thread: Coyote Swap Limiter

Potential Tuner

Coyote Swap Limiter

I have a 2014 Mustang GT drive train in a F100 Panel Truck that hits some sort of limiter. I'm just not seeing the cause of it. If you guys would take a look, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
    By the way, I know in the log it looks like I am getting off the throttle pedal, but I am not. In fact, I hold the throttle pedal to the floor for several seconds after it hits the limiter.
    2014_MUSTANG_GT_A6_FSFD1AA_13.hpt
    14COYOTE 5.0L_A6_CONVERSION_PANEL TRUCK_DYNO_HIT LIMITER_5.hpl

Update: So when it hits the limiter, I can lift and then hit the throttle again and it will go further in rpm and mph, and then limit again. No throttle codes either.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION: According to the guys at Power By The Hour, disconnecting the Brake Switch wire will solve this issue. Will update for sure when I get a break in the weather.
    Last edited by DPTuned; 12-17-2019 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Solution?

Are you able to rev full throttle all the way to the rev limiter while stationary without it limiting?

Did you ever figure the issue out?I had a similar issue with a single turbo 2015 Mustang GT that was swapped to a 6R80. The throttle would shut off at exactly 63-67mph when making a hard pass at the track and if i lifted and got back in the pedal it would complete the run and not shut off again. I couldn't get it to happen on the street but every time at the track it would shut. I never figured it out and swapped to a Holley EFI and Cable TB