Thread: Need help on 2019 challenger no start.

Potential Tuner

Need help on 2019 challenger no start.

New to hp tuners and need help. So I have a 2019 hellcat redeye and decided to do some mods. I called a well known hellcat tuner and ordered a new unlocked ecm, smart cable, the hp tuner injectors and pulley. Downloaded the beta software and hooked up to the car and did a read on the ORIGINAL ecm and saved this file. I then installed the new unlocked ecm and sent the file from the ORIGINAL ecm for him to modify and send back. I got the tune file sent to me saved it to my computer and began to write the new unlocked ecm with the new tune file. Everything went smooth it flashed both the tcm and ecm gave me the prompts to turn key off then on and was very impressed how easy the process was. Tried to start and nothing not even engaging the starter. At this point I contacted the tuner and we went over everything many times and looked at tune and could not find a issue. I told him I sent a file to him from the ORIGINAL ecm to modify and not the new unlocked ecm and he said that was a no no and I should of retrieved the stock file from the unlocked ecm and sent that one and not the Original tune file!! Car has no codes with 3 different scanners including a new snap on. Sorry for long post just wanted to be clear on what I did.

Potential Tuner
    Also wanted to add that I put the ORIGINAL ecm back in car and car will not start with that ecm either. Tried disconnecting batter for 30 minutes also.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i always check with modified PCM if the car will start as is, before any writing to the unlocked PCM so to make sure its working.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    You should have sent the unlocked PCM tune for modification. As for the no start, have you thrown a charger on the battery and tried to start? I had a low charge condition on my challenger where the starter would not engage but everything else seemed to work fine. Also try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting.

Potential Tuner
    I did charge battery and I tried disconnecting. I had no idea the unlocked hp tuner ecm had a tune In it. That thinking is what caused all this. Is there any chance the other modules in the car are corrupted? The tuner said it should start as the vin matched and the unlocked ecm excepted the tune I flashed into it.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you getting any codes in vcm scanner?

Potential Tuner
    Only codes are. P1DF3 and a UO100

Advanced Tuner
    Try removing the pcm again and look for bent pins in the connection.

Tuner in Training
    We just solved this on another 2019. It was a ripp supercharged 3.6 AWD Charger .
    She recieved an unlocked PCM from Ripp and there was an OS mismatch. We had to send the Ripp unlocked PCM back to HP to clone it with a read from the stock PCM. Once she got the PCM back from HP , the car fired right up.
    2015 200s 3.6 AWD
    luciddeath/Demigod tuned
    [email protected]