Thread: Anyone have issues reading MED17.7.7

Tuner in Training

Anyone have issues reading MED17.7.7

Tried couple MPVI2's no luck, tried with plenty of voltage etc keeps saying this error. Ive submitted to help desk but so far no solutions

Capture.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    Do you download the latest beta? I have had several beta's release over the last week for this platform.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Tuner in Training
    Yes sir I downloaded the latest as of 11pm last night. Never have run into the specific error its giving me and weird thing is the info log shows correct controller and the scanner has no problems connecting.

Tuner in Training
    4.5.1134 Is the last one I could get

Potential Tuner
    Yes, I got this problem for the s550 2012 turbo

Before 4 month

I have contacted support
    But no fixed

I dont now what problem

Tuner in Training
    Extreemly Frustrating.

Tuner in Training
    Is the car tuned already? I can't read my 2013 e550 and I think it's because it has a tune on it already. I think they are able to lock it from being able to be read through obd.

Potential Tuner
    Good news

Now its work

Try read

No matter what tune from another company is on your ECU has nothing to do with being able to read/write a Tune from HP if it's supported by HP AND licensed. As far as somebody having it locked with a security code so you can't access their custom tune then I'm sure you probably can't use their tune or alter it but you can definitely write over it and make it disappear. But I would think once licensed by HP your gonna be able to Read that tune and pull the file and make adjustments even if they had a security code from another company. Especially if it's the ECU that came with the car. That's why we pay HP for credits. To get access to read/write. This is from my experience

Not 100% about the accessing another company's tune but I do know it's definitely able to write over it.

Quote Originally Posted by nick/intermediateTuner View Post
    Not 100% about the accessing another company's tune but I do know it's definitely able to write over it.
    have you tried this with HPTuners? i've asked this to technical support and they highly are against doing this. if you are not able to read and pull a base file(if another tune not HPTuners), you will not be able to license the file with HPTuners. from what i can tell is HPTuners checks some bits of the ECU and if another tuners information resides there, HPTuners will throw an error message. haven't tried any of this yet though.