Thread: E38 SD Tuning map or VE table

Potential Tuner

E38 SD Tuning map or VE table

Hi all

Newb to Hptuners but have done standalone tuning before, so I don't have any based maps I can call on.

Looking for a file or VE table that would I could use as a base map for a turbo ls2 (l98). If a complete file is available the plan is to run a 3 bar GM map sensor & 1000cc bosch injectors.

Thanks in advance.

What year? Did you upgrade the e38 to SD? Check the repository, may be something you can use there

Potential Tuner
    Haven't done anything yet, car is still factory right now. Coming apart tomorrow for manual conversion and turbo.
    I've found a factory tune file for manual, i do need to work out the process for flashing to manual also but fairly sure I found a thread on here which suits. Appears nothing SD in repository for my car but I could change search to suit a wider range of cars which run the same engine

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by geneass View Post
    What year? Did you upgrade the e38 to SD? Check the repository, may be something you can use there
    Checked repository and found a couple of VE tables that I should be able to use!
    Thanks

Thinking out loud here. Seems like a better idea to flash the computer with a manual OS/VIN with a GM tool prior to even tuning it. Should it far easier to get the manual conversion done without issues running the automatic OS.

The manual OS would need to be very similar to the car it's installed into, so parts and systems can still work together. So if that car came with a manual from the factory, would be pretty straight forward.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I have the early E38 as well. I messed around with the VVE for about a day before going to the 2 bar OS mainly for the boost enrichment. I had to rescale the VE table to 210 kpa but it wasnt a big deal.

Advanced Tuner
    Email me

[email protected]

I’ll help you out with a base file and VE table to work from