Thread: 2001 Jeep XJ tune failed. No Start

Tuner

2001 Jeep XJ tune failed. No Start

Tried loading a tune onto my 2001 jeep cherokee and it got about half way through and gave me Failed To Start error. what is this? now my jeep wont start.
    2011 Sierra 5.3l,
    Dart 427 with a Big cam, Big intake manifold, Big injectors and a Big ass Turbo

Tuner
    well so here is the deal. Not really sure. but it will get about 80% done flashing then give me the Failed Start Error. I actually had it go to about 90% then fail and the jeep actually started and ran. was running weird though.

I have not heard back from HP Tuners support yet. and I have no idea what the issue is. sometimes it only makes it to 34% before it fails.
    2011 Sierra 5.3l,

Tuner
    2011 Sierra 5.3l,

Tuner in Training
    I had that same issue once after I forgot to turn the key back on after it says to cycle it; I just restarted to download with no issues. She’s always going to run funny after a new file is uploaded, she’s got to relearn parameters.... also don’t be surprised when you get a p7000 fault after.

Tuner
    I ended up getting everything figured out. I was having an issue with the BETA software. not sure what the issue was but HP support is working on it.
    2011 Sierra 5.3l,

Tuner
    I'm still having issues. Been trying to flash this jeep for 2 hours now. It will not load. Gets about %50 done and gives me a failed to start error

Tuner
    Bill@HPTuners or Someone please help.

Advanced Tuner
    You running a battery charger while trying to write a tune? Also only thing hooded up to OBD port is HP interface...i.e. no splitter?

Tuner
    no battery charger, battery was g2g. nothing else plugged in the obd2 port. I even went as far as running a hard line Ethernet cable to my computer in case the WiFi was acting up. i did all the updates. tried everything! finally after 3.5 hours later it decided to flash fully. i was last told in december that it was an issue with an update, but obviously there is still an issue. i would like to continue messing with these jtec computers but i cant be flashing a car for 3 hours hoping its going to work. thats insane.
    2011 Sierra 5.3l,

Potential Tuner
    I was having the same issue. What I found to help is to unplug the battery for about 30 seconds prior to flashing the pcm. Seemed to work every time.

Tuner in Training
    Help Me also. Tried the unhook Batt but still no GO, YIKES!!!!! Using Beta so stuck with it as only tune I have.

Tuner
    I just tried reflashing my jeep tonight and it went right through no problem. Lol. I have no idea. But I did just notice I can not get vcm scanner to work on it

Tuner in Training
    What version of Beta you using? I just updated mine. Any other tricks I should try? Thx