Thread: HELP out this newbie!!!

Potential Tuner

HELP out this newbie!!!

To give a little back ground I have an 2012 L96 that came with an E78 I then purchased an 08 6L90e before I knew that it would be easier to get one from the same year. I am transplanting it into on 82 c10 so there are several functions that the e78 does not offer. the company that reworked my harness suggested I go with an E38 so I could have the functions I needed for my swap. As I was looking into connecting my gauges I found out there was no speed output but research showed how to get it to work but I would need a corvette tune. So this brings me to my current state. I have the E38 with a corvette OS loaded on it and I first tried to copy a truck tune but it would only run for 2 seconds. Since the L96 is basically a 6.0L L92 and I put a LS3 intake on it with a Camaro throttle pedal I thought about just using the stock corvette LS3 tune with VVT turned on and this actually worked better than the truck tune but it will still only run for 5 or 6 seconds. I was hoping someone wouldn't mind looking over my tune and log to see if there is something obvious I missed and where to start. this is all very new to me but I figured it would be better to learn myself than to pay someone else to screw it up or pay several different people until its working.

82 c10 l96 6.0 with ls3 tune 19Dec2019.hpl
    82 C10 6.0L L96 v3.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    If this is a stock motor aside from tuning and intake/throttle body, it should be relatively straight forward.
    1. Is the motor stock?
    2. What have you tried to this point?
    3. I see you said LS3 Camaro pedal? Did you use the Throttle body too?
    4. Can you post both the original E78 truck file and the LS3 E38 file you used to flash the E78? Right now with what i am comparing to another LS3 or 6.0 Truck, the tune is all over the place and want to make sure im on the same page.
    Most importantly, did you use the truck injectors or LS3 injectors? This will give you the biggest run around if the wrong injector data is used.
    5. I see VATS was disabled. Did you "WRITE ENTIRE" after making the changes?
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Potential Tuner
    I am having very similar issues hope you get it worked out.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. I got help and got it running now so i can continue on with the rest of the swap. But i did try both ls3 and truck throttle body, using ls3 injectors. The l96 is all stock except the intake. I dont have a way to get the tune off the e78 so i found a stock truck tune from the repository that is also where i found the corvette tune that i put on the e38. The tune i posted was the stock corvette tune with the VVT turned on. Yes i did write entire after deleting vats. We ended up start over with the stock corvette tune changing a few things and writing entire again. It did run with the truck intake. Will this give me troubles? Should i be running a ls3 throttle body?

Advanced Tuner
    The two throttle bodies have different settings and parameters. As well as the intake manifold volume. Just make sure it matches what you have equipped.