Thread: CTS v Tune....

Potential Tuner

CTS v Tune....

I just recently bought a cts v that had previous tuning. I was curious if anything detrimental stood out on the tune that could cause engine damage. The reason I'm asking is because I've heard some not so good things about the tuner. I haven't had a chance to do any data logging, but will as soon as I get some spare time. One of the things I noticed was the rev limiter was raised to 7000 rpms, which I thought was high. Hopefully, someone can give me some input. Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    best to list the mods and a log of whats going on
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Agreed. A mod list would help. Tune looks pretty normal for a car with bolt-ons. Just based on the ECM tune I'm guessing you've got intake, injectors, pulley (didn't really look at the TCM). Everything looks decent for a bolt-on, stock cam (or baby cam) motor. Not surprisingly, it's a MAF-only tune.

The only things I saw that I would certainly change:
    1) the low octane advance table is only a couple of degrees under the high-octane table. I'd increase the difference by several more degrees, personally.
    2) also, as you mentioned 7000rpm limiter is high if you're running the stock valvetrain, and your shift points are 6400 (again, high for stock, I'd say)

Other stuff I'd change is personal preference as far as I'm concerned. Again, I only looked at the ECM, and I'm certainly not an expert.

EDIT: Forgot to mention a couple of things- it does get up on the timing curve pretty quickly for what it's worth. As long as you've got no knock then you're fine. Also, LTFT's are disabled. I'd turn those back on, personally (again, personal preference).
    Last edited by RobZL1; 12-20-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Potential Tuner
    @robzl1, that's exactly what I was looking for. I know i need to do some data logging, just haven't had the time. Just wanted to know if it was relatively safe to drive around on, until I get it sorted out. I'll probably drop the cutting off and shift points back to stock until I can tear into a determine if the valve train is stock or not. I'll probably pull some timing for time being, also. Again, thank you for your input. Its greatly appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like a good plan! Pick up an AEM OBDII or other wideband of your preference to throw in there and you'll know where you stand pretty quickly.