Thread: LSA swap gasser initial startup issues

Tuner in Training

LSA swap gasser initial startup issues

Please see the attached tune and brief log of my initial startup of my LSA swapped Anglia. I have been driving the base LS3 for a couple of years no issues including power tour this year. I decided to add the LSA using my existing tune as a base. The car started right up but was surging and would stall shortly after. I attempted to scale the injectors using ID's website with the 2x stoich method as well as reduce timing. Thanks in advance for your advice and tips.

LS3 cam 226/232 112 + 2 and 1 7/8" headers
    4" intake tube with LS7 Maf
    LSA stock pulley and ctsv TB
    Walbro Hellcat pump 8an feed with a 6an return and Aeromotive reg. set to 43lb with vacuum off
    ID850 Injectors
    3bar map
    e67 computer
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by waderaces427; 12-20-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Flow rate vs pressure does not look correct. If you have a return fuel system and a boost referenced regulator, the chart should be the same pressure all across. Look at the ID chart again for 3 bar (43#)and see what IFR is, then double it. If it is the 61# in the last cell, then make the whole row that number. Why run 43 instead of 58# ? Is the other data correct for the injectors?
    You have the option to select a 2 bar operating system--why not use that?
    Check the ETC Scalar number and make sure it is correct for the CTSV TB. Did you have that TB on before? If not, swap back to the original til you get it running.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 12-21-2019 at 08:02 PM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the reply, Lakegoat....You are right after my initial post I changed the fueling to 45.88 across the board with 59 psi vacuum off as I am running a boost referenced reg. I also upgraded to 2 bar OS earlier today and now the car fires up and dies. Also, I believe the etc scalar to be that of the ctsv. Last night with the wrong injector data/pressure car would run and surge but after the 2bar upgrade this morning now it dies?

Tuning Addict
    2bar OS uses real VE tables that you have to populate - right now they're zeroed out... Vehicle runs on straight VE for about 15 seconds before swapping over, so without fuel reference to go off of - well it just starts and dies
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! That makes sense and I was able to populate those tables with the transposition of my old vve table. The car is idling now but with a surge so I guess now the rinse and repeat begins using the scanner......I posted another log up top with the car idling but with a surge
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by waderaces427; 12-22-2019 at 11:02 AM.