Thread: 2018 Z06 2.31 Pulley change base or best starting point?

Tuner in Training

2018 Z06 2.31 Pulley change base or best starting point?

I am doing some searches here but figured I'd post up direct also. Have a 2018 Z06 that I may just change the snout on with a 2.31 pulley. I have hptuners mpvi2 licenses for my 2014 LSA ZL1.

I am not looking to do anything else other than the upper 2.31 and maybe OR headers.

Since this should raise the psi only about 1-1.5 lbs 8% OD and the afr seems fat from the factory whats the best starting point? Not trying for a max effort tune, (have that on my zl1) just a nice safe but worthwhile increase with the pulley snout combo.

Thanks ahead of time
    DB

Advanced Tuner
    After the pulley swap, you will want to bump up your virtual tq tables a touch to most accurately represent the tq that your car actually makes (we are talking probably less then 50lbs additional) Then you will have to log the car and look at the torque readings, make sure there are no weird throttle issues, no spark issues. There are a few things you can do that are similar to your zl1 that can help. Everyone here will recommend having a wideband in the car before any WOT pulls

Tuner in Training
    Thanks definitely will wideband, plus its a Manual 7spd so no trans tuning required
    DB
    Last edited by d454brisson; 01-03-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Sent ya a PM.. maybe something I can help with

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Eh, just send it over to me, D-man! I'll play with it and figure it out. Should only take me about a year or two of daily driving, and then you can have it back...

Tuner in Training
    Just a year of daily testing,, that's a bargain. I am probably holding off a bit on cracking open this one while I continue to watch and learn on the ZL1. This board and CSP have been great so far, as well as the Goat Rope Garage videos.
    Although I know it wont be long until I want a few extra psi just because

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone have a stock 2018 z06 file?