Thread: help manifold volume

Potential Tuner

help manifold volume

hi if i have changed my std intake manifold to after market do i need to change the volume in the tune. iv also got over size pistons, intercooler, pipe. i read sum thing about if the throttle body is further away u should. can any one help with this please.....

Advanced Tuner
    I have personally never altered the manifold volume. I’ve just tuned as is. I use injector setting, spark tables and fuel tables and edit the corrections. That’s about the general run down of what I do

I was googleing for the same question, nobody posts the volume of there manifolds, just how great they are. need supporting numbers.

Potential Tuner
    Hi there I have tried adjusting the manifold volume in the tune to fix a slight lean hesitation. I have changed it to 15 liters. It did nothing so I changed it back to 7.25. I have also tried changing the pump shot gain under transient fueling all the way up to 10. It does nothing either. I believe there is a multiplier in another table that is set to zero and this is why it does nothing. See here second post from Roland https://forum.pcmtec.com/topic/148-tip-in/.

I have turbo side and ID1050x my fuel trims are really quite good. I cant really feel the hesitation and it doesn't cause an issue but I can see it on my wideband. Is there any other way to tune it out. Could the missing multiplier table be added so we could actually use the pump shot gain table?