Thread: MPVI2 Made It A Week

Tuner in Training

MPVI2 Made It A Week

I specifically put off the "upgrade" to the MPVI2 after hearing about more bad experiences than good with it. My MPVI finally died last week so I reached out to HP Tuners. I shared my reasoning for not upgrading when I emailed support because of all the stories. I was assured the device is perfectly stable now and no issues. So I went ahead and purchased the upgrade instead of going to EFI Live. I received my MPVI2 and got started catching up on work. It made it exactly a week and back to "Interface Not Found." I think we made it through 6 or 7 vehicles. It worked perfectly until it just quit. Same thing I had been hearing. Three different laptops, updated drivers, updated software, tried it all. No change. Support ticket sent, we'll see what we get this time other than more lost income.

This might be an annoyance for a hobbyist, but it's a big issue for someone doing it for a living. I should have switched.

Tuner in Training
    So we tried a fourth laptop and it communicates. Three previous laptops each with three USB ports, none of them worked. Including the one I use only for tuning every single day. After the fourth laptop communicated, my primary will communicate again....intermittently. Then the fourth laptop will only communicate with it intermittently. Neat.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you are in a time crunch try a new usb c cable to rule that out as the issue, its a cheap test.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"