Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: EEC-V any updates of tunability

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 03cobra_keek View Post
    That couldn't be anymore true. Looking at the posts and how long hpt been "working" on the eec-v and not making any gainful progress they should really put a disclaimer in their supported vehicle for eec-v mustangs and making people aware that it's only partially supported.
    They SHOULD post a disclaimer about the scanner and it's issues. I submitted a ticket about the scanner issue LAST YEAR and it has yet to be resolved. I've had to turn down a few EEC-V jobs simply because of the scanner freezing issue.

Tuner in Training
    i'm sure it will get figured out eventually. when they get it all figured out hptuners will most certainly be the goto for 99-04 mustangs. i do chips , quaterhorse etc and hptuners will be way better when all said and done

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by notsobroke View Post
    i'm sure it will get figured out eventually. when they get it all figured out hptuners will most certainly be the goto for 99-04 mustangs. i do chips , quaterhorse etc and hptuners will be way better when all said and done
    I agree 100%! HEY HPTUNERS! STEP YOUR GAME UP, HOMIES! LOL!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    I agree 100%! HEY HPTUNERS! STEP YOUR GAME UP, HOMIES! LOL!
    This.....

C'mon fellas!
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    They SHOULD post a disclaimer about the scanner and it's issues. I submitted a ticket about the scanner issue LAST YEAR and it has yet to be resolved. I've had to turn down a few EEC-V jobs simply because of the scanner freezing issue.
    I used HPtuners last week in conjunction with SCT livewire. It was hassle, but worked ok.

Is logging with the MPVI-1 still a non-issue? Or are all these scanner freezing issues only related to logging using the MPVI-2?
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

Quote Originally Posted by TunedByNishan View Post
    Is logging with the MPVI-1 still a non-issue? Or are all these scanner freezing issues only related to logging using the MPVI-2?
    Logging with mpvi-1 works just fine. Log around 10 pids and you should be good to get fairly decent data. Eecv is really limited because of the amount of data the bus can handle

Logging with mpvi-1 works just fine. Log around 10 pids and you should be good to get fairly decent data. Eecv is really limited because of the amount of data the bus can handle
    SCT have no issues to log DMR and pids so it s not a can bus issue .. Cobra is a good market for me and it s the only things i still use sct .. for the EECV .

I used my MPVI-1 and it did not work. The logger still crashes after a few seconds
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbones View Post
    I used HPtuners last week in conjunction with SCT livewire. It was hassle, but worked ok.
    That's what I have been having to do. Im getting a new laptop soon and I will try again once I do that. if that doesn't work I will put in a ticket and if they still need a vehicle to bring in for it ill drive to Chicago! lol

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    We are in search of a vehicle to bring in house for testing, if anyone is close to the Chicago area.
    I would gladly bring mine in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearfoot_25 View Post
    I would gladly bring mine in.
    Maybe try pm I dont know if he'll see this. And that's awesome, hopefully this all get sorted out! It would make alot of people happy

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe try pm I dont know if he'll see this. And that's awesome, hopefully this all get sorted out! It would make alot of people happy
    ^^^ This! Because I have a lot of EEC-V owners asking me for tunes and I can't help them...

ive been messing with mine last couple days. let me say. what a ffrickin pain in the ass. wont connect, channels disappear, interface not found,freezing of everything all the time. makes receiving data take 20 times longer. but i can plug it into my eecv explorer and datalog for hours on end and reconnect 50 times without 1 failure. of course, i have no reason to tune that ..lol

Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    ive been messing with mine last couple days. let me say. what a ffrickin pain in the ass. wont connect, channels disappear, interface not found,freezing of everything all the time. makes receiving data take 20 times longer. but i can plug it into my eecv explorer and datalog for hours on end and reconnect 50 times without 1 failure. of course, i have no reason to tune that ..lol
    Hmmm that's weird. Theres obviously something causing interference. I was reading something interesting on svtperformance about the diode in the alternator. Voltage will read fine but there be ac voltage in the system. Not alot like 15 or so vac but obviously that would cause all kinds of problems in the system including communication. I havent had the chance to check it by just disconnecting the alternator and seeing if it logs properly. But that's the next thing I'm going to do

Hmmm that's weird. Theres obviously something causing interference. I was reading something interesting on svtperformance about the diode in the alternator. Voltage will read fine but there be ac voltage in the system. Not alot like 15 or so vac but obviously that would cause all kinds of problems in the system including communication. I havent had the chance to check it by just disconnecting the alternator and seeing if it logs properly. But that's the next thing I'm going to do
    thats a neat thought. but it doesnt seem like it could be causing the reconnect problems after you scan once. or try to reconnect cause the scanner stays froze. after the first time, its almost a miracle to get it to get it to find the interface again

Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    thats a neat thought. but it doesnt seem like it could be causing the reconnect problems after you scan once. or try to reconnect cause the scanner stays froze. after the first time, its almost a miracle to get it to get it to find the interface again
    I havent had that issue but then again I only tried a few times with the mpvi2. I've just been using an mpvi1. It's a little slow but still gives the data I need. I did notice if with the mpvi2 if I just turn the key without starting it, it would log. The pids would read just fine like temp iat and throttle and would respond quick. Once it started it would act up

*update* I disconnect the alternator and the drl just incase. It improved slightly and by slightly I mean slightly. All the grounds have been checked and cleaned. I did notice the mpvi2 get really warm after letting it be plugged in for about 10 mins with the ignition off and still hooked up to the laptop. Is that normal?

*update* I disconnect the alternator and the drl just incase. It improved slightly and by slightly I mean slightly. All the grounds have been checked and cleaned. I did notice the mpvi2 get really warm after letting it be plugged in for about 10 mins with the ignition off and still hooked up to the laptop. Is that normal?
    mine gets hot. but not for much longer. ive beat my head around these last 3 days trying to work around this garbage. about to cut my losses on this joke and do something else that works. obviously after almost 2 years it aint gonna get fixed. unless theres been an update since january i dont know about

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for keeping us updated. This seems to be a bug in the software. That being said I’m sure no easy fix. When we tune eec cars I end up using another data log software. Or even go old school pull plugs monitor afr.