Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: EEC-V any updates of tunability

Quote Originally Posted by Go4Broke View Post
    I?m Noticing about 10:1 AFR on decel (5speed M/T) no matter what I set OL decel load, or Decel cutoff too, I still get an incredibly rich decel. Anyone having the same issues? MAF is pretty dialed in at this point. Just turning everything back on. Not sure if I?m missing a setting or not. I have the OL decel mode set to 0.00 which is stock ( if load is below that it will enter open loop on decel) which I don?t want, and the cutoff load cancel value is set slightly higher at 0.20 (stock is 0.16), because the S/C adds a little extra load) and it still won?t cut injectors. Any ideas? I still see It entering closed loop on Decel ��.
    i havent noticed that at all. have you checked closed throttle delay?

Tuner in Training
    I did, I set it lower, like 2 seconds, (so DFCO would kick in faster), but no change. It shows that I?m going into open loop on decel (even adter enabling closed loop), it was doing it when I had it in open loop at all times (tuning MAF) and after enabling closed loop (Done tuning MAF). even though I have it set to only go into open loop decel at 0.00 load or under (stock settings), my decel load is usually around 0.16-0.19. It?s Really wierd. so this obviously messes up my EQ error when logging in the lower cells of the MAF. I?m sure ill figure it out, just weird.

there is still issues with logging data with newest beta, works for about 2 seconds before starting to glitch, attempted to remove pids and change the polling intervals with no success, get about 10-15 seconds in before it locks up sometimes a minute or so but still glitches in between. i notice the cluster on the car cuts out when it happens too. rpms drop to zero same with temp and then lines across the odometer and then check engine light pops on for about a solid 3-5 seconds then it all goes back to normal and the process repeats

Quote Originally Posted by 03cobra_keek View Post
    there is still issues with logging data with newest beta, works for about 2 seconds before starting to glitch, attempted to remove pids and change the polling intervals with no success, get about 10-15 seconds in before it locks up sometimes a minute or so but still glitches in between. i notice the cluster on the car cuts out when it happens too. rpms drop to zero same with temp and then lines across the odometer and then check engine light pops on for about a solid 3-5 seconds then it all goes back to normal and the process repeats
    yup .thats pretty much the deal. mine is currently only glitching in real time. as in when i play it back, it appears mostly ok. but thats subject to change

Mine is glitching in real time also but the vcm scanner software will fill in the blanks so if you're review the datalog you wouldn't really notice the glitch if it's less then a second. If it hangs for 2 to 3 seconds you can notice it in the log. I'm just wondering why the cluster is acting up when this happens. In mode 10 it would only aquire the data not transmit. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Tuner in Training
    Mine has been doing the exact same thing. I haven't notice it filling in accurate numbers during the glitch in my case it just locks in previous value so you get a nice flat line. Cluster issue has to be from the communication process with the mpvi2, support suggested it could be wiring issues, but I didn't find any and a few others who are having the issue didn't find any either.

Its definitely not a wiring issue. I did notice the volts on pcm peg at 14.5 I wonder if their values in vcm dont exceed 14.5, it's a communication error on their end threw the controller and software. J1850 is much slower then canbus and the amount of data the bus can handle is significantly less

Quote Originally Posted by JayRab View Post
    Mine has been doing the exact same thing. I haven't notice it filling in accurate numbers during the glitch in my case it just locks in previous value so you get a nice flat line. Cluster issue has to be from the communication process with the mpvi2, support suggested it could be wiring issues, but I didn't find any and a few others who are having the issue didn't find any either.
    its not a wiring issue if everybodys car does it lol

I just hope they can sort it out. Their software is outstanding in regards to what we're able to do when it's working properly lol. If they got it working on j1850 vpw (gm) they can make it work on j1850 pwm

We are in search of a vehicle to bring in house for testing, if anyone is close to the Chicago area.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

If I was closer I would in a heart beat. Im up in canada. Hopefully you guys find someone that is willing

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    We are in search of a vehicle to bring in house for testing, if anyone is close to the Chicago area.
    Bump

bump . 2003 4.6 GT same problem here

hp tuners still cant find a mustang to test...something is so wrong with that.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    hp tuners still cant find a mustang to test...something is so wrong with that.
    Because either no one has them or no one is interested in tuning them. Most jumped to the Coyote and the Terminator Cobra's have already been upgraded to aftermarket EFI systems. Maybe HPT should buy one, mod it and tune it to show everyone...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Because either no one has them or no one is interested in tuning them. Most jumped to the Coyote and the Terminator Cobra's have already been upgraded to aftermarket EFI systems. Maybe HPT should buy one, mod it and tune it to show everyone...
    that couldnt be any more wrong. lol. there are and will be plenty of these mustangs around to mod and tune. id say there are plenty more terminators on factory ecu than not. i just finished another one today matter of fact.

that couldnt be any more wrong. lol. there are and will be plenty of these mustangs around to mod and tune. id say there are plenty more terminators on factory ecu than not. i just finished another one today matter of fact.
    That couldn't be anymore true. Looking at the posts and how long hpt been "working" on the eec-v and not making any gainful progress they should really put a disclaimer in their supported vehicle for eec-v mustangs and making people aware that it's only partially supported.

Tuner in Training
    I’ve done 5 01-04 eec cars with hptuners to date, making from 300 to 775 rwhp. We plan on doing more. At the shop we are trying to condense our softwares. I hope they keep working on the software to get the bugs worked out of the scanner. So we can exclusively use hptuners on our domestic cars.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you use HPTuners on said car that was finished the other day? Did the scanner freeze repeatedly?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by notsobroke View Post
    I’ve done 5 01-04 eec cars with hptuners to date, making from 300 to 775 rwhp. We plan on doing more. At the shop we are trying to condense our softwares. I hope they keep working on the software to get the bugs worked out of the scanner. So we can exclusively use hptuners on our domestic cars.
    I hope so also...