Thread: E38 VSS Signal For Maximizer 5 Nitrous Controller

Tuner in Training

E38 VSS Signal For Maximizer 5 Nitrous Controller

I have a Chevy SS sedan and I want to activate nitrous by MPH. Can the ecm give a usable signal for the Max 5 controller? I've been told this can be done with a lingenfelter can to analog box. Are there any other options?

Lingenfelter has a boost by MPH by Box that should work. I picked up the VSS signal from my radio and use it with my Eboost controller to trigger my boost settings by speed. Should work for nitrous as well.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ttz06vette View Post
    Lingenfelter has a boost by MPH by Box that should work. I picked up the VSS signal from my radio and use it with my Eboost controller to trigger my boost settings by speed. Should work for nitrous as well.
    Hey thanks. That would do the trick, but I still don't know where to get the vss signal from. It appears some cars they get it from the ecm but mine says n/a :-(

Capture.PNG

Tuner in Training
    It looks like there is a vss signal in the brake control module?

Capture1.PNG

Does your radio volume change as your speed increases? If so you can pick it up from the back of the OEM radio as I did.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ttz06vette View Post
    Does your radio volume change as your speed increases? If so you can pick it up from the back of the OEM radio as I did.
    It does have that function, but I'm not sure there is a direct wire going to it. It seems that the speed signal would be reported across the can bus, but I have no idea.

It should have a direct wire going to it. It’s been so long I forgot the color...green I think. Get a schematic. This is where I picked up the VSS signal for my boost by speed. It works flawlessly. When I hit the desired speed no matter what gear I’m in, it increments my Eboost up or down one SP boost setting for the MPH range I program into the LPE unit. There is a VSS conversion number based on vehicle you need to add to the unit to convert VSS to MPH. It’s in the directions.