Thread: hard start

hard start

hey guys, hard start at all temps. pushing skinny pedal don't help. runs well after start. takes two key turns to get it to fire. first one bumps and stops. second turns over a few and then starts running. mild cam.
    Attached Files Attached Files

hey how bout some help here. ive been at this for 2 days. 1 of you experts prob could tell by looking at the log. not even a minute long.CMON

Fuel pump

I appreciate the response but that's a negative on the fuel pump. if you look at the commanded a/f its like .4 lambda WHOA too much. so what ive done is use the ect multipliers on the startup fuel and multiply by .75 until its commanding at or close to 1. its not perfect but its better than what it was. ive also went back to stock settings as far as start up stuff is concerned. NEW QUESTION what kind of spark does a mild cam like at startup?

20ish and roughly 18-24 at idle depending on setup.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    It wants more air on crank. Mild cam in my opinion likes 10-13 on crank and 13-20 at idle

thanks guys but I believe I have a bigger problem. I spent a couple of days just trying to get a consistent crank and dialing in the MAF and VE. startup was tough and still not what I want. its definitely fuel related. I decided to check the oil, took a whif and bingo GAS! ill come clean and Im ready for what yall are about to say, but ive been trying to run decaps. iknow I know. it was too good to be true. its good running down the road but start up and idle suck. its on now that ive experienced what 10 lbs of boost is like=awesome. so I guess its injector time. any recommendations? where to buy? I think 60s will do but I saw where it was suggested to do 80s JIC I want to run e85(if I can find it)

Fuel injector connection, fuel injector clinic or Deatchwerks all sell great injectors with data.

Pick the size based on your horsepower goals and what fuel you want to run.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

just ordered the 58lb from fuel injector clinic/ quite an expense but ive come this far and its been worth it so I guess well see in about a week

10 pounds of boost, 58# injectors and E85 don't compute. Too small
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 12-27-2019 at 06:19 AM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

you're right lakegoat I misspoke. I believe I would have to search for the e85.