Thread: DD-A. Table

DD-A. Table

In the 1.4 DD-A table it doesn't look right to me as far as being smooth.
    The numbers jump up and down till it gets to 100%, and how can it show less than 0%or more than 100% .pedal position?
    At the end of the explanation for this table it states that "modify this table at your own risk", can a problem arise and cause damage before you could correct it?
    I was told to drop it by .5% across the table to help with a slow T/B. Maybe I should try to smooth this table because it sure doesn't look good to me with numbers jumping up and down the way they do.
    Last edited by carotene; 12-23-2019 at 09:13 AM.

I wouldn't change any of the -negative numbers.

Those numbers are either engine torque demand or axle torque demand.

If you change the 0 % / 2% and 4 % accelerator position rows to (for example) much higher, the car will have a runaway throttle and will accelerate with out any of your throttle input.
    And at slightly higher accelerator pedal rows (say 8%) and at the slower VSS, you don't want much more torque demand than needed because your throttle will be very jerky and car very snappy for no reason. So be careful.

If you make the 100% accelerator position row too high, the ecm might not wanna give you the proper power enrichment until a certain fraction of actual torque matches the demanded torque. So going too high is not good either.

It's a fine balance to tune this table correctly.

Well that really opened my eyes, don't need a runaway throttle. The guy that told me about the adjustment is one of the most knowledgeable people I have talked to but he wasn't totally sure if changing the table was my cure. He told me most of the time he was into ls motors but he did work on the "eco slows". I think for now I'll wait and read some more and try something else.
    Thanks Jim

This has nothing to do with tuning but I have to ask.
    What is that next to the bowl of bones, could that be a real dog?

Quote Originally Posted by carotene View Post
    This has nothing to do with tuning but I have to ask.
    What is that next to the bowl of bones, could that be a real dog?
    That's a real puppy !
    But not mine.

I'd be afraid to loose it or step on it.

It's a big bowl with big treats. But the puppy is really small.

The idea behind this picture is to show how for many of us, our ambitions outweigh our talents !
    I wouldn't want it any other way.
    Last edited by ZeroBoostBuick; 01-01-2020 at 09:35 PM.

I'll go right along with that analogy, and I would be worried about stepping on it myself. I have had dogs all my life but I favored large dogs 90-95lbs on the average.
    Last edited by carotene; 01-09-2020 at 08:19 AM.