Thread: Flex Fuel M156

Tuner in Training

Flex Fuel M156

Does anybody have any clue where to adjust the stoich ratio of 14.7 for gasoline to Flex Fuel? I can?t seem to find any parameters that allow to adjust for flex fuel. I know it has been done before. Please point me to the right parameters to make the corrections.

Merry Christmas everybody!

They sell flex controllers to add on but I really prefer to NOT use them and just make a custom tune for E85 (or whatever blend you are running)

Tuner in Training
    I don?t plan on running the controller. I ran it before but car was unhappy adjusting to it. My plan is to have a custom tune but I was having trouble scaling the injectors last time. Also, any pointers on which parameters to adjust for E85? Advancing timing would be one what about lambda? 14.7 for stoich and 9.8 for E85 blend. How do I make that adjustment?

Leave stoich, there's no need to change that. Adjust the injector multiplier by the amount the LTFT is. Then work on the load tables to keep it from tripping limp mode

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Leave stoich, there's no need to change that. Adjust the injector multiplier by the amount the LTFT is. Then work on the load tables to keep it from tripping limp mode
    Just to ensure I got the steps correct:

1) log LTFT at idle and driving around with stock injectors
    2) change to larger injectors
    3) log larger injector at idle
    4) adjust injector multiplier table to match stock injector LTFT percentage
    5) adjust load tables to prevent limp
    6) repeat 4&5 until finalized

Once LTFT is tuned and car does not go into limo mode. I can then start to advance timing slowly.

Correct me if I missed anything.

Tuner in Training
    Do I simply adjust MAF when running E85?

I would install the injectors and put E in the tank if thats what you plan to run. Then drive it around easy a bit until the LTFT settles. Whatever that % is, adjust the injector multiplier by that amount. If the LTFT is within a couple percent after that, finish fine tuning trims with MAF scaling. Then work on load/timing etc after that.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! I?ll give it a go

Potential Tuner
    What are the capabilities of the OEM fuel system on ethanol? E47? Full E85?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RYRO View Post
    What are the capabilities of the OEM fuel system on ethanol? E47? Full E85?
    From research, there are many full E85 with stock system out there without any known issues.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    I would install the injectors and put E in the tank if thats what you plan to run. Then drive it around easy a bit until the LTFT settles. Whatever that % is, adjust the injector multiplier by that amount. If the LTFT is within a couple percent after that, finish fine tuning trims with MAF scaling. Then work on load/timing etc after that.
    I tried everything mentioned above and the first night (53 degrees), car ran fine without adjusting too much parameters. Car didn?t limp nor throw CEL. Today, I drove it as it was and CEL keep coming on; displaying cylinder 1 misfiring. Also, I notice when CEL turns on, my commanded AFR becomes 20+. I tried all sort of load table, inject table, and timing but the misfiring keep showing up.

Would you know what may cause that? Why only cylinder 1 and not other cylinders. I also noticed when car was running smoothly last night, my commander AFR was at almost 14 rather than my existing 12.5. I didn?t adjust anything, just running different fuel. Would the fuel make correction to my commander AFR?

Any help would be great.