Thread: 2007 Grand Prix Limiter Delete Issues

Potential Tuner

2007 Grand Prix Limiter Delete Issues

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to tuning, just doing small things to get my feet wet and learn. I removed a few CEL codes in my grand prix (tried fixing them properly first, just can't make my rear 02 sensor happy) so my factory remote start always works and wanted to delete the limiter. In VCM Editor, under speedo, under Limit by airflow, i set ETC speed limiter 1 and 2 to 200. 1 was set to 75 before (not sure what that does as it goes faster than that) 2 was set to 108, which is where the problem is. I set both to 200, went out and tested, under safe conditions don't worry, throttle still shuts itself at 108 to limit speed. I wondered if setting both 1 and 2 ETC speed limiters to 200 was the issue so i recently changed it to 145 and 165 but have not been able to test it. Is there something I'm missing?

I have a 2000 GTP. I set the Speed Limiter vs Gear to 200 in all boxes---cut off and resume. You have Limit by Airflow, and I have Limit by Fuel---which I just set both to 200. Hope this helps.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Engine / Spark / Advance / MPH vs gear

07GP3.8spark-speed-limit.png
    Last edited by ZeroBoostBuick; 01-11-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Tuner in Training
    seems like a common issue on 06+ https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...=speed+limiter
    my 07 does it too tested it out going to submit a ticket to hpt

Tuner in Training
    they respond back by adding 3 new things in the newest beta
    2052 - RPM limit AFR Thresh
    2053 - RPM Limit AFR Time
    12074 - RPM Limit AFR

they are under engine>fuel>cutoff DFCO
    i dont understand how this could help does anyone here know values to put in that would?

this is what i sent back to them

"I don't think that will help my in gear RPM limiter is already above where the car tops out so these values should not be coming into effect. but if it could help please suggest the settings to input as i see no mph number and the rpm limiter is already above
    but the cutoff in gear does not seem to be working fully because in P/N i put it to 5000 but it still tops out at like 3500.

in the log the other uses supplied here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-Delete-Issues
    at 5:14.502 to the next frame 5:14.512 the commanded throttle actuator goes from 100% to 53.3% in one frame faster then i think a human could remove his foot from the pedal.

Thanks,
    Billy"
    Last edited by Billycar11; 01-31-2020 at 08:10 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Well all progress has stopped they replied with this.

"I do not have any suggestions as we are not tuners and aren't able to assist with tuning. We don't know if those parameters would help, they were parameters we were able to find to offer to you in case they did help. We have not been able to find anything else that would cause this specifically.

You may want to log any Sources that may show where the limit is coming from but we aren't able to determine this currently."

Quote Originally Posted by Billycar11 View Post
    Well all progress has stopped they replied with this.

"I do not have any suggestions as we are not tuners and aren't able to assist with tuning. We don't know if those parameters would help, they were parameters we were able to find to offer to you in case they did help. We have not been able to find anything else that would cause this specifically.

You may want to log any Sources that may show where the limit is coming from but we aren't able to determine this currently."

Post your tune so we may look through it, in case you missed something.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBoostBuick View Post
    Post your tune so we may look through it, in case you missed something.

sure its mostly overkills tune i bought a pcm from him but it gave a check engine light for an o2 sensor p0053 that it didn't with the stock pcm so i just copied the tune off and licensed my pcm
    now i know that was a dumb choice should have just licensed the 05 pcm because that limiter removal actually worked i still have it in my garage but don't want to waste the credits

i have move the speed limits up and down to no avail in case 255 was to high or something

and a few more 06+ that cant remove the limiters
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ter+grand+prix
    i really do think this its a HPTuners issue 06+ because multiple table changes do not work on these pcms
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Billycar11; 02-05-2020 at 02:25 AM.

Tuner in Training
    well they added another one who knows if it works
    Screenshot 2021-09-24 053411.png

Tuner in Training
    well the new one they added works so hptuners if you read this thanks! and add this for the 06 guys too