Thread: Hemi Engine Size Change and other PCM config options.

Tuner in Training

Hemi Engine Size Change and other PCM config options.

Working with Dodge 2008-2010 NGC4 PCM. Will selecting a different engine size option, ie change 5.7L to 6.1L, change the operation of the PCM to use the 6.1L fuel and timing maps. I understand that "setting" for 6.1 ( and actually ALL engines ) are pre-loaded in the PCM by factory.
    Similarly, will changing setting from automatic transmission to manual transmission also work? So that PCM no longer requires the 4th- green plug to be connected and engine operates properly.

Does downstream O2 sensor disable work as expected?

How about other options like "fan relay" options or "Cruise over Can bus" etc.

I have already learned that "skim" disable does not work even though the option is listed. I don't want to waste more credits!

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I can answer your first question.

No. Changing the displacement doesn't change anything except the displacement in the airflow model. (Unless you change the displacement that turns off ESP/ABS/TC).

The displacement is only used as part of the VE airflow calculation for determining injector pulse-width to hit the FAR commanded.

You still have to tune everything. You may be able to copy over data from a 6.1 file.

It would help if you'd share your file so we know what you're working on.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks - Working on a custom build using a 2008 Dodge Ram PCM (5.7) and 6.1L engine. ( Also have 2009 Charger PCM and 2010 Challenger PCM )

PCM "configuration file" read using a diagnostic tool shows the engine size, trans type etc. Also list an line stating that "Engine software in package - YES" . I understand that this means all settings for the engines are in the "factory loaded" software. So was hoping that by simply changing "PCM configuration file" that PCM would now operate a 6.1L engine.

Any thoughts - ideas ?
    Thanks

I can upload the file but it is just a standard file. I have also read 3 other PCMs -2008 and newer - and they all have "Engine Software in package - YES " in their configuration file.