Thread: C7 LT1 Texas Speed Stage 3 cam 32% fuel lobe base tune / impact on ODB emission test

C7 LT1 Texas Speed Stage 3 cam 32% fuel lobe base tune / impact on ODB emission test

Hello,

First question : I'm going to install and tune myself a stage 3 cam from Texas Speed 235/239 0.645"/0.635" 116 LSA on my C7 GS M7

Car already has ARH LT headers, Catted X pipe, MSD intake manifold, Ported TB, AFE CAI with a tune I did myself.

Does one of you has a tune for a similar setup I could base mine of, or at least a startup tune I could use ?

I'm going to order the parts next week, but I would like to study how different the tune could be from my current bolts on tune.

A second question : My state (Idaho) has a basic emission test through ODB. Will I be able to pass in your opinion, knowing they just plug on ODB and scan for emission codes...
    My concern is the idle lope which will probably mess up lambda values ? Was thinking of possibly raising the idle for the test... I think the idle test fails they test at 2500 rpm...

Thanks in advance

Advanced Tuner
    Well no expert but I'll give you what I've experienced. I have a L86 sierra so basically the same motor. I installed a smaller TSP VVT2 cam 218/226 .635/.635 32% fuel lobe. It's smaller because I tow a lot and I wanted to keep the stock stall. It will need a tune because it will through a check engine light and that will cause it to not pass inspection. Watch Goat Rope Garage tuning series, He has the best GEV 5 tuning stuff on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_...JqJOiGoCRT5SCw

I just had mine inspected yesterday and our laws are similar to yours. I had no problem, as long as your not throwing a check engine light you'll be fine.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    best to post your tune and log when your done with install
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by Jonblarc7 View Post
    Well no expert but I'll give you what I've experienced. I have a L86 sierra so basically the same motor. I installed a smaller TSP VVT2 cam 218/226 .635/.635 32% fuel lobe. It's smaller because I tow a lot and I wanted to keep the stock stall. It will need a tune because it will through a check engine light and that will cause it to not pass inspection. Watch Goat Rope Garage tuning series, He has the best GEV 5 tuning stuff on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_...JqJOiGoCRT5SCw

I just had mine inspected yesterday and our laws are similar to yours. I had no problem, as long as your not throwing a check engine light you'll be fine.
    Yep I saw this channel few days ago and there is good insight for tuning the idle with a cam

Advanced Tuner
    Did you ever find a tune to start with? I am in the same situation and am in the process of installing a TSP Stage 1/2 cam in my LT1 Camaro.