Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E40 GTO with ASA Cam and LS3 - Start-up tune

Your injector duty is HIGH for 1100rpm
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Change your min pulse width to this
    Ok just made the changes and I should have a log here shortly. Thank you for helping me out.

So I am going to explain the injector changes I made and where I got my info.

So I started with a stock 06 Z06 file and made the changes to:
    -Flow Rate vs. KPA
    -Min Injector Pulse
    -Offset vs. Volt vs. Vac
    -Injection timing - Normal RPM
    -Cranking Fuel - FA multi Stage 1 vs time

I then found this spreadsheet from another member on this thread for a Gen3 Fbody conversion to LS3/7 injectors:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...1-trans-am-ecu

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/publishe...fb0ada1138e387

I then used this data to make changes to all the tables associated with the tabs:
    -Injector Offset vs Voltage
    -Injector Flow Rate vs Kpa
    -Short Pulse Adder

Now the columns and rows closely matched what the e40 shows in docs.zoho but I may have completely overlooked something. I interpolated where I had blank values.

Just giving my rundown on how I got to where I am in full detail.

Lakegoat, I will try the change you have shared here shortly and I will also disable the LTFT's and get a log posted. I really appreciate your help guys. I can't believe how difficult this has been since I know of so many LS3 top end swaps on LS2 goat's but little info out there on the injectors.

Pull one of the injectors and get the part number. Make sure it is genuine bosch. There is tons of info on injectors---just not some brands. Another good site is Injector Dynamics.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I just pulled an injector and took this image.

Part numbers are:

Cross referenced the number and theyre the stock LS3 injectors.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I am starting to get frustrated. I made the above changes and now after 2 minutes of running my check engine light is flashing. Engine went back to running lean. IDC was at 4% till the idle climbed back up to 1800 when the ECT went above 170.

I need to know what i need to change to make the idle quit climbing on its own??

And can anyone see why the CEL was flashing?
    Attached Files Attached Files

The only thing I know of that'll make the CEL flash is if there are lots of misfires and there's potential for melting the catalysts.

E40 has a weird VE table with the X & Y axes flipflopped from (almost) every other GM computer. If you followed a generic guide for setting up your fuel trim graphs in the scanner you might have them wrong. When you take the graph data and paste it into the VE it'll go in the wrong cells and you'll go crazy trying to figure out why you keep adding fuel and it doesn't make any difference.

Generic GM
    generic GM.png

E40 version
    E40 only.png

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    The only thing I know of that'll make the CEL flash is if there are lots of misfires and there's potential for melting the catalysts.

E40 has a weird VE table with the X & Y axes flipflopped from (almost) every other GM computer. If you followed a generic guide for setting up your fuel trim graphs in the scanner you might have them wrong. When you take the graph data and paste it into the VE it'll go in the wrong cells and you'll go crazy trying to figure out why you keep adding fuel and it doesn't make any difference.

Generic GM
    generic GM.png

E40 version
    E40 only.png
    Thank You for your advice. I know exactly what your saying about the axis' being flipped. I found that out the hard way when I tuned the car originally with the ASA Cam in the LS2 with LS2 Injectors..

As for as the CEL, It was because of random misfires P0300. It must have had too lean of a condition.

Now I double checked everything on the vacuum side to look for leaks that would cause un-metered air and everything is sealed up tight. But I do have a concern. When I pulled the injector out last night, I noticed all the injectors came out of the intake ports almost too easily without effort. Could I be drawing air in through the seals? These are new injectors with new orings in a new LS3 intake? Do you think I should get some new orings? This could definitely be explaining the lean condition and whacky idle don't you think? There was literally no resistance pulling the injectors out. Just odd the orings dont seal if they are brand new unless there are different orings throughout the years.

FIC does not post their injector data to public. I sent them an email requesting the charts for an e40

Injectors don't just come out easily. Something is wrong. Do you have the stock LS2 injectors? If so put them back in and use the stock injector data and get it running right. Just don't do any wot.

That bottom part number that you listed does not look like a GM part number. Check it out.

Tuner in Training
    Found my issue! pulled my injectors and compared the orings to an injector I know sealed correctly in this manifold and my brand new orings were too small!!! I was definitely pulling air in through all 8 injector ports. I swapped orings and recorded this log.

Note I reverted back to the injector info DStek posted and my IDC is back down to 2.5%

Im also running rich and no surprise after fattening up the tables by 30%. But everything seems to be running smoothly. No climbing idle and the car idled steady... well for the ASA cam that is.

I appreciate everyone's input and advice. It definitely goes a long way in helping to learn tune.

Now if anyone still thinks 2.5% is high at 900RPMS for LS3 injectors, let me know. this is my first go around with these injectors. So far everything looks good so im going to start tuning.

Thanks everyone!
    Attached Files Attached Files