Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sluggish O2 sensors

This is a log of the idle with engine warm. The first minute is with the forced open loop enabled with fuel trims cleared. About halfway through i re-enabled closed loop and re-cleared my trims.Am i just splitting hairs here? To me the trims are good but my O2 sensors seem lazy.The cam is a little bigger and more duration than TSP stage 3 cam. My torque advance is in the + teens now. I've tried to adjust my VT in the idle region but it has no effect on it. So im guessing its in my idle torque settings.

I'm running MAF only. It's my understanding that even though im MAF only it still looks at my VE regardless??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ghostnotes; 01-19-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Advanced Tuner
    I think you're just splitting hairs. The ECM takes a couple of full cycles to settle literally 24 hours. VVE is always referenced even MAF only.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

The VVE is not referenced for fueling if you are MAF only. Torque calculations do reference the VVE, however.

I have a 1000rwhp E85 whipple Z06 right now with perfect driveability and no torque issues or timing pull and my VVE, DD, etc is completely stock except for a small VTT adjustment in the idle cells, otherwise VTT is also stock.

Thanks everybody that cleared up a lot for me. Before my crash i must have been damn lucky with my tune because before i started trying to get into the VE it ran great. I had no surges and could let my foot off the gas and it would crawl at idle with no issue. I would have to cross the san jacinto bridge when it was a log jam and i could just let it idle with no pedal without issue. Im still leery about going above 12 AFR for my wot because with 1.197 as my setting for WOT 11.9 I did not seem to give me problems. I did try to set my VVE and DD back to stock and it was not happy at all.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    The VVE is not referenced for fueling if you are MAF only. Torque calculations do reference the VVE, however.

I have a 1000rwhp E85 whipple Z06 right now with perfect driveability and no torque issues or timing pull and my VVE, DD, etc is completely stock except for a small VTT adjustment in the idle cells, otherwise VTT is also stock.
    I don't know how you do it Higgs.
    If my Predicted Torque calculations don't match delivered it shuts the throttle and pulls timing. Only thing that solved the issue was getting the VVE table right and i'm MAF only.
    Like you, my DD, peak torque and VVT tables are all stock.

Ghostnotes stop being a pansy and lean it out to .85 lol. You'll thank me later.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Maybe I disabled something you didn't? If you want to send me your tune I will compare them.

Finally got my zone boundary errors cleared up so hopefully i can figure out this misfire and move on.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Ok so I have finally had some decent time home to try to figure a few things out.First is how to set it to a 100% true open loop with absolutely noting in the way. I travel a lot and between honey do lists, family,and my grandbaby,I would only be able to spend about an hour every few weeks on this.. I was tuning in AFR via the TS books and it got me so far. What was confusing to me was trying to follow it too closely, it left a lot of blanks.

Now that I have a good open loop setup,I double checked my MAF model and it was a little off. After i get that corrected, and go to my VE, is it just a matter of disabling my MAF and enabling my VE open loop? Or is there anything I should change in my open loop setup when switching?

The way I see it it should be:

1. dial in MAF
    2. dial in VE
    3. dial in torque

Or should i be dialing in my torque as im dialing in MAF and VE, as in MAF/VE/TORQUE in increments at the same time. My Peak TQ seems to be oK since my max eng torque never gets within 100lbs of my peak tq (red/yellow) in section 3. However in section 2 my driver demand axle (RED) falls below my axle (green) which suggests i need to raise my DD tables.

It's now my understanding that I should leve these alone untill i get my MAF/VE looking good? Or should I as I said earlier do them all at the same time?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Advanced Tuner
    I am getting the same P015B for bank 1 sensor 1 delayed (or slow? I think there is 2 of them) response now that I am trying to run closed loop with my stage 1/2 cam and heads. I am going to try the adjustments to the closed loop control constants to see if it helps. Currently the code is illuminating the MIL but no codes are showing up when scanned, but I am assuming it is the same code. At first I thought it was an exhaust leak, but I tightened up anything that I though could be leaking and it came up again, so I guess it still could be a leak, but it's hard to believe a little fresh oxygen being sucked in the exhaust when the exhaust pipe is at negative pressure can effect the O2 readings.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyChevy305 View Post
    What got mine reading accurately was decreasing Proportional>Airflow Mode by 10% and increasing Integral Delay>Airflow Mode by 15%.
    I'm so glad when I find posts like this.

I've been having some issues with the p015 codes on my CTSV ever since installing my twin 450lph pump hanger and trying to retain the fpcm. It took me some time to get fuel pressure stable and sort out the codes the fpcm was getting and once I got those I still hadn't dealt with the p015b and p015d.

Turns out the max rich/lean settings were already set to 450mv by the guy that tuned the car for me. This change made those codes go away.

I didn't see any change in my wideband behavior with this adjustment either.

EDIT SPOKE TOO SOON. Cold start gives me the same CEL's again.
    Last edited by JRoyPDX; 07-26-2023 at 01:22 PM.