Thread: 2007 NNBS Silverado V6 to V8 6.0 swap help

Potential Tuner

2007 NNBS Silverado V6 to V8 6.0 swap help

I'm am new to HP tuners, currently in the final steps to complete my v8 swap. I have ordered the MPVI2 and am looking in to getting a E38 ECM to work with a truck that had a E37 ECM installed. I have read through the forum looking for answers, but get mixed results. My main question is, to get the truck to run do I need to swap vins and delete VATS or just link my ECM with VCM editor and delete vats. I'm trying to prevent wasting credits if its not going to work. Any info will work, thank you for your time.

If you're using the E38 computer, you only need to remove the VATS. The VIN doesn't matter at all for getting the engine to run.

What I don't know is, whether you will need to do anything related to the TCM to make it happy with your E38 computer.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    ok so tomorrow when I receive the MPVI2 I will go ahead and delete the VATS and go from there. I hope it doesn't give me too much of a headache. Thanks for your help!