Thread: Aem wideband obd2 passthrough not working with mpvi2

Potential Tuner

Aem wideband obd2 passthrough not working with mpvi2

I just installed an AEM obd2 wideband 30-0333. When I plug the mpvi2 into the passthrough my stabilitrack and traction control lights come on and it wont scan, in vcm scanner. If I disconnect the aem passthrough the scanner works. I've tried the different bit identifiers and bitrates on the wideband, but it still does the same. Has anyone had this problem? The ecu address and pid value are set to default. This is installed in a 2012 CTS V.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbell79 View Post
    I just installed an AEM obd2 wideband 30-0333. When I plug the mpvi2 into the passthrough my stabilitrack and traction control lights come on and it wont scan, in vcm scanner. If I disconnect the aem passthrough the scanner works. I've tried the different bit identifiers and bitrates on the wideband, but it still does the same. Has anyone had this problem? The ecu address and pid value are set to default. This is installed in a 2012 CTS V.
    '
    I have not had this problem. Is it set for 500k, and 11bit? ECU Address 7E7? That's what mine is set for, 2010 E38 Camaro. If you have the ECU using the same address as another ECU on the car it will confuse things. Keep changing the ECU address until it works? HPT will find the address by repolling.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Potential Tuner
    Aside from having an obd2 scanner, it is also helpful to have the best multimeter https://totalguide.org/best-multimeter/. The device is used to compute voltage, current, resistance, and frequency among other uses, this tool has helped me a lot as well.
    Last edited by Stirious; 05-15-2020 at 05:28 AM.

Tuner
    as hand as the OBD2/CAN version is, I find a USB splitter and using the serial out on the AEM to a DB9->USB adapter to be the most reliable. It pretty much ALWAYS works. Granted you cannot do it via bluetooth (I am actually working on a solution to that though), it works allll the frikkin time.
    "Insert some inspirational or smart*** quote here..." - Some Dude
    software_engineer.net_sec.linux_hero
    www.dusette.net
    RoninDusette@github