Thread: new user> ls4 questions

Potential Tuner

new user> ls4 questions

i just ordered a tuner, and i mainly want to use it on an 07 ls4 in a gxp. im not new to tuning, I have a mildly mod'd 3800, but im totally new to the ls4. i searched the tune repository, but I didnt find too much. What kind of changes are people making outside of the obvious stuff (timing/trans/fuel)? in my s/c 3800, there was at least 25hp to be gained from a tune itself, anyone had any luck with the ls4?

subscribing
    2006 GTO A4
    230/242 .612/.612 114 LSA FTI L92 cam, PRC valve springs, Volant intake,3" Magnaflow custom exhaust, 160 t-stat, Powerbond underdrive pulley, Kooks 1 3/4 LTs, ported TB, 3600 Vigilante and offroad pipes.

Advanced Tuner
    I owe someone on here my old GTO tune - have to look for it. I'll look for my performance LS4 tune as well and post it for you, along with explanations of the changes. My only mod is a de-screened MAF.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is the tune I run the most lately on my 07 Monte SS. It gets better than stock MPG, is eminently driveable, and makes better power than stock according to the MAP (but I haven't dyno'd it.)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LazMan View Post
    Here is the tune I run the most lately on my 07 Monte SS. It gets better than stock MPG, is eminently driveable, and makes better power than stock according to the MAP (but I haven't dyno'd it.)
    still have it?

This thread is 12 years old.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.