Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 06 GTO stock tune issue

You shouldn't see over 100kpa on a stock engine, at least I never have any anything above sea level.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Weird because it populated before under WOT and my idle was at the 21kpa level before I started tuning with all these features turned off. I did road tune it quite extensively so wondering why idle and WOT has changed? Results of damaged catalytic converters would be restricted exhaust causing excessive back pressure and dip in HP right and or increased MAP readings?

Tuner in Training
    okay so I set my SD tune as directed and tried doing VE table using EQ ratio only but once I put VE table back into regular tune everything ran very rich at 10+ on LTFT. Also I did remember to put Inj temp at 0 across board. If the Wideband is more accurate than narrow bands then am thinking that's what is accounting for such a difference in EQ once going back to narrow bands to adjust fuel trims. Any advice on what might be going on?

Leave LTFT's off until you get thru tuning. After you write the calibration, you need to open scanner and clear the fuel trims. Then go drive it around some before you start logging. You are chasing your tail. Once you finish tuning, you can turn LTFT's back on but don't watch them. If you want to watch trims, watch STFT's. That's what is happening at the current time--or watch your wideband.
    What does your wideband say when you put in the latest ve table. Follow that.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    I do clear LTFTs but had an idea that the LTFTs stayed constant and STFTs added to them. Also I have chased tail enough so wanted to be sure about my understanding before going back to the MAF or VE tables to adjust again.
    So LTFTs do add to STFTs to keep the AFR stable and then the STFTs come in to make the minor changes in bar, temp etc right? Am finishing a drive cycle after adjusting timing for little knock in a few places and will log and f you'd be sound give me your opinion on the quality of final changes?

Tuner in Training
    Much appreciate your time and wisdom in this and hope all is well.

SO my understanding is LTFTs are constant and STFTs are added on top of them?

Also here are my current tune files for SD, MAF and then finalized tune settings. Any insight as to why I get such a rich condition or why I have so many transient fueling issues?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Forgot to attach my latest log of the engine and its outputs after reflash.

I ran it for a while and made sure misfire, catalyst and other tests completed although EVAP tests did not complete. Thought after clearing LTFTs and having it go from cold startup idling for 5 minutes to get thermostat open and doing a decent drive cycle would be fine to start logging and here are the results. Again your time and advise is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files