Thread: VTT last thing to tune?

VTT last thing to tune?

Doing a lot of research and reading. Seems the steps are get fueling perfect, VVE and MAF. Do PE table, then move on to timing. And then do you adjust the VIrtual Torque Tables last after everything is where you want it? Just trying to get a order of operations to get things accurate. Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    If/when you get your VVE and MAF calibrated correctly, your VVT will line up with actual.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

I should have been more specific. Engine has aftermarket cam and headers. Does that scenario still hold true. I'm guessing you would have to modify spark and vtt hand in hand. Thanks.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you need to modify VVT for that cam for sure and since the camshaft i assume is locked at 0 degrees you will need to make changes to your torque tables
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I have already shut down VVT in the tune. Just trying to nail down a strategy and or order of operations to aim for. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Srblacks13 View Post
    Doing a lot of research and reading. Seems the steps are get fueling perfect, VVE and MAF. Do PE table, then move on to timing. And then do you adjust the VIrtual Torque Tables last after everything is where you want it? Just trying to get a order of operations to get things accurate. Thanks.
    That's genereally it, albeit a very simplified summary. When you go to dial in the virtual torque, you'll also have to make sure the numbers in the MBT spark table are reasonable for your new combo. They are used in the torque calculation just as much as airflow estimates, so it all needs to be right. We have several GENV videos on our streaming site if you want more detail.

Thank you. From what I have read and seen not a lot of people talk about MBT and if they do they say don't touch it, haha.