Thread: Tuning advice needed for a brand new tuner, long time wrencher

Tuning advice needed for a brand new tuner, long time wrencher

Hello, first post here so bear with me. I'm on other forums like ls1tech and protouring and I have a good knowledge about ls and lt motors but little with tuning and this is my first stab at it.

I pruchased an engine harness and base tune along with hptuners MPVI2 from Swaptime to get me started and force me to lear how to adjust the tune when needed going forward. Tuning is something I always wanted to learn but havent had the time. My car is a 68 camaro with a 6.2 and 10l80 running on the truck OS.

Swaptime is going to do some remote tuning sessions with me to get it dialed in better but they are off for the holidays and I'd like to get a jumpstart if I can get some inpute from you guys. I was told my Swaptime that when driving I need to be cautious of knock retard and I did so come across some and wanted to see if anyone would be willing to look at a few of my logs and see if you see anything off that I could adjust and possibly point me in the right direction?

See attached logs and current tune. I was told the tune only leaned out the topend and everything else was not changed for the most part. We did have a quick session to get the idle surging corrected so it worked with my 4" intake tube, other than that everythine should be close to a the stock 2018 tahoe tune. My car just has long tubes, full 3" dual exhaust and a cold air intake.

FWI, the tire and gearing is off so this might be a factor. I just realized this and I'll correct it and get more logs down the road.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jasonz28camaro; 12-30-2019 at 07:13 PM.