Thread: Need help with cold start

Potential Tuner

Need help with cold start

I'm having an issue with cold starts on my car. I have logged the cold start without touching the throttle until the end just to get it to run. It will not stay running on it's own until I get coolant temps around 100 degrees.
    I'm taking the car to the tuner, but I won't be able to for at least a month..so I was hoping you guys could shed some light on this.
    The car is a 6L, 411 PCM, E85, 3 bar MAP sensor and 2000cc injectors. The car runs great when warmed up, and will fire off every single time once it's warm, but getting there is a challenge. I'm attaching the tune and the datalog. Let me know if there is anything else needed... Thanks in advance!

12-30 Cold Start Tune.hpt
    12-30 Cold Start.hpl
    Last edited by Avs126; 12-30-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Fix the cylinder volume, fuel calculations are based off that. Should be .74594 or something for a 6.0.

Give it some fuel to the open loop EQ ratio. You're not helping it out by requesting stoich when it's cold. Run it around 12.0-13.0 and slowly work it's way to 1.00 as the temps rise. The open loop EQ ratio overall is a weird one, no idea how you ended up the way it is.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Should the throttle not open more since it is being commanded to do so? It never goes above 17%.