Thread: Anyone have a tune for a 2008 Silverado 4.8L?

Potential Tuner

Anyone have a tune for a 2008 Silverado 4.8L?

I have a stock 08 Silverado with a 4.8, regular cab, 2wd. It has a flowmaster and that is it. I want a tune to wake it up. Any one have one they can send me? Thanks
    Last edited by layn22s; 12-31-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Senior Tuner
    You probably won't get a response by asking for a tune.
    However, if you post your original tune, I'll bet you'll get plenty of tips to help you increase the performance of your truck.

I'll start by telling you to reduce any PE delay and make the PE numbers a more suitable number for a proper Air/Fuel target...around 1.18 will set your target to 12.5:1.
    Reduce torque management...both engine and transmission. I usually eliminate the trans TM on the 1-2 shift on the 4L70E's...but I leave some there for the 2-3 shift.
    Increase the rev limiter and bump the shift points by a couple hundred as well.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    You probably won't get a response by asking for a tune.
    However, if you post your original tune, I'll bet you'll get plenty of tips to help you increase the performance of your truck.

I'll start by telling you to reduce any PE delay and make the PE numbers a more suitable number for a proper Air/Fuel target...around 1.18 will set your target to 12.5:1.
    Reduce torque management...both engine and transmission. I usually eliminate the trans TM on the 1-2 shift on the 4L70E's...but I leave some there for the 2-3 shift.
    Increase the rev limiter and bump the shift points by a couple hundred as well.
    Thanks for the input Kevin. Im new to all this and dont know much about tuning. I don't know how to change all that you mentioned. I have mainly just used this for turning off DOD for years. So I tried to attach the stock file but Im not sure if it attached right. I will upload this and see if it works.

07regcab4.8.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Here you go. Give this a try.

07regcab4.8kwmod.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Here you go. Give this a try.

07regcab4.8kwmod.hpt
    Thanks Kevin!