Thread: trouble reading 06 ram 1500 4.7l Ticket ID #200274

Potential Tuner

trouble reading 06 ram 1500 4.7l Ticket ID #200274

Ticket ID #200274
    First and Last Name Jesse Hughes
    Email [email protected]

did a bunch of searching to no avail, submitted a ticket but forgot to attach the info logs, figured I'd attach here instead of submitting a second ticket and ask for maybe a common sense fix I'm missing?

attempting to read my 2006 dodge ram 1500, 4.7l auto.

VCM Editor gathers info fine, click read - Turn key off and wait 3 seconds - key back on - immediately displays "Controller Unlocker: Timed out" error message.

sometimes fails to gather info, displays "Detect Protocol Fail" error message, unplug everything and plug it back in it usually goes away but continues with "Controller Unlocked: Timed out" message

have tried latest stable release of VCM Suite And the latest Beta version.

Scanner connects and displays current information but, Refresh rate is extremely slow.

Attached screen shots of Error Messages.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I can read/write/scan just fine on friends/families '00 blazer, '97 tahoe, '14 silverado, ect. only having issues with my dodge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jesse94; 12-31-2019 at 11:11 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    try reading the ecm on a bench harness to rule out a wiring/comms related issue with the vehicle itself
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I don't have the means to build a bench harness at the moment, I am currently looking for a complete wiring diagram so I can double check everything though.

the only thing that sticks out to me is when i gather the info while connected, VCM editor shows "Hardware: NGC3 ECM"

Shouldn't it read "NGC3 CAN" since it is a canbus system? I believe I read in a post on here that was somebody else's issue with connecting to their 2005 ram, but they never replied as to if they found a solution.

It's my daily driver, I'm just trying to adjust the speedo for larger tires. so if I can't get it figured out it's not a big deal.

Just tired of doing math to figure if I'm going the speed limit while driving lol

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yes the software is trying to read it out which means there is a good chance the issue isn't on our end and is on your end ie battery issue, wiring issue or other. Either way it appears Chad is working on this ticket and should be responding shortly with some options.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 01-03-2020 at 11:33 AM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"