Thread: tune review please.. 2006 cummins

Tuner

tune review please.. 2006 cummins

Long story short.. I built a mild tune for my 06 cummins, runs decent.. My buddy wants the same tune for his truck.. Before I write the tune for his truck was hoping I someone could review it and reassure me that its safe enough and wont hurt anything. Thanks!

06 mild tune.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Do you have an egt gauge? If so what temp you running with this tune? How's the truck run?

Tuner in Training
    I just started messing around with diesel tunes also. So looking for a little input as well. I've tuned bikes and a couple cars with good luck, but understand gas engines better right now hahahaha.

Tuner
    Looks plenty safe to me. For the timing map did you copy and paste the whole table from a timing calculator? Also your rail pressure map looks pretty rough. Dont be afraid to throw more pulsewidth at it, I was running my stock injectors at 3200uS for my HOT tune. And you can bump min wastegate duty cycle up to make more boost. I was getting around 42psi at 80% min duty cycle.
    2004.5, built 48re, Fass lift pump, s364.5 with a s483 compounds, ARP studs, 103# valve springs, 110hp injectors, 669hp 1075ftlbs

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jball217 View Post
    Looks plenty safe to me. For the timing map did you copy and paste the whole table from a timing calculator? Also your rail pressure map looks pretty rough. Dont be afraid to throw more pulsewidth at it, I was running my stock injectors at 3200uS for my HOT tune. And you can bump min wastegate duty cycle up to make more boost. I was getting around 42psi at 80% min duty cycle.
    Thank you for the info! but Yes the timing table was just copied and pasted.. The rail pressure is sloppy for sure, the big drop in the cruising area I was trying to help fuel economy.. it runs pretty clean with the wastegate at stock settings

Tuner
    Getting your cruise timing up around 5-6* can really help with mpg and efficiency. And I?m sure that tune runs clean right now, there isn?t much fuel in it. But when you start getting more pulsewidth in the tune a little more boost can help keep egts down.

Tuner
    Getting your cruise timing up around 5-6* can really help with mpg and efficiency. And I?m sure that tune runs clean right now, there isn?t much fuel in it. But when you start getting more pulsewidth in the tune a little more boost can help keep egts down.
    Ok, Ill give that shot! What about rail pressure? Just smooth it out or should I raise it?

Tuner
    I?ve had pretty good luck with rail pressure at cruise being around 16-17kpsi

Tuner
    I?ve had pretty good luck with rail pressure at cruise being around 16-17kpsi
    Ok thank you! Ill raise it up and take for a test drive