Thread: New Member Needing some advice and templates

Potential Tuner

New Member Needing some advice and templates

*** ADDING FILES CALLED OUT IN FORUM STICKY FOR ASKING FOR HELP ***
    Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to get some input. I just got my HPTuner set up and did some logging. What I also di was start playing with the scanner layout. And clueless. But, here is what I have done :

1. I added a bunch of channels to watch.
    2. Set up a new gauge layout. I need some help on this. I dont have the moving needle for rpm or the number ticks for any of the bar gauges. The bonus though for me is that I see the data in channel itself.
    3. Noticed some misfire but I am guessing not enough to trip a cel. The car is mostly stock and I think this may be something that just happens with a hellcat at low RPM.
    4. I was really wanting to make sure that I am watching the correct pid to see if I end up with knock.

Car Mods :
    1. Long Tube Headers
    2. High Flow CATS
    3. BORLA Cat Back.
    4. I used the "bigdaddy" anti foulers to get rid of some of the codes. I still see slow response on one bank but the voltage on the sensors seems to match from side to side for the rear o2's.
    5. 180 degree tstat which causes a code itself because its cold here and its not getting up to the correct temp but I am not to worried about that yet.

When doing a 3rd gear pull, I was suprised to see that the timing seemed low; however, I am not sure if that is the case. Hence, wondering what I should have the scanner set layout and channel wise to start learning.

So, would anyone be willing to share a layout template? I am assuming that the layout template also carries with it the graph, gauge, and channel set up; however, I am not sure about that. ALso, I read a post about setting up the gauges and have attempted to get the round analog gauges set up correctly but am having problems getting the incremental ticks that go around the gauge correct. I see how it works mostly, just think I am missing something small with it.

I am also not really sure if having just about every possible pid that shows up for my cars profile added in the channel list. I added them all in my most recent attempt. The attached log is not with all of those channels.

I would greatly appreciate any input and help. I can not justify or afford to take a course right now. I'll end up paying someone to tune the car. However, I do want to see what it is doing myself first.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by munkybutt; 01-01-2020 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Adding files and comments

Potential Tuner
    Bump