Thread: Help with ve tuning.

Tuner in Training

Help with ve tuning.

I would like some help with my tune. Vehicle is stock 03 2500HD 2wd automatic 6.0 with a 220/224 .575 112lsa cam. Tuning with an aem wideband. I'm trying to tune the ve using the guide in the help files. I have done about 15 revisions but some of the cells are still off. Any idea on what to look at?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like you still had the LTFT active, that is skewing your fueling. You have to manually go into the scanner and reset the LTFT and turn off the fuel trim control or whatever it's called.

After each change you should smooth the table at least once to remove any high/low spots. It's never going to be perfect, within a few percent on the error is good enough.

Be careful when you start doing full throttle tuning, commanding 13.10 is too lean for WOT. Aim for 12.0-12.5 for safe power and don't be surprised if you push way past 100% injector duty cycle on the injectors. Factory injectors are too small. With that said, you need to add your injector pulse width avg for both banks to your logs, so you can watch this.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Looks like you still had the LTFT active, that is skewing your fueling. You have to manually go into the scanner and reset the LTFT and turn off the fuel trim control or whatever it's called.

After each change you should smooth the table at least once to remove any high/low spots. It's never going to be perfect, within a few percent on the error is good enough.

Be careful when you start doing full throttle tuning, commanding 13.10 is too lean for WOT. Aim for 12.0-12.5 for safe power and don't be surprised if you push way past 100% injector duty cycle on the injectors. Factory injectors are too small. With that said, you need to add your injector pulse width avg for both banks to your logs, so you can watch this.

Thank you! Wouldn't power enrichment take care of the fueling at WOT? I'll check that out tomorrow and see where it gets me.

Power enrichment is just a request.

The numbers in that table are just a request you are making, then you still have to make the fueling match that requested value. So if you put into the PE table that you want 12.5 AFR at WOT, you need to make sure what the wideband shows is the same. Say you asked for that 12.5 but the wideband shows 12.9 at WOT. You will have to go into the VE and or MAF table and add fuel where it is needed to get the wideband to show 12.5 like you are asking.

The same AFR/Lambda Error you are using will still show you the error percent you are off by. It doesn't matter if it's stoich or PE value, it's just an error against the commanded fueling.

I was just saying that you are currently asking for a really lean AFR for PE, so when you get to that point you should change it to a more safe value. Then make the commanded match the actual fueling.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Power enrichment is just a request.

The numbers in that table are just a request you are making, then you still have to make the fueling match that requested value. So if you put into the PE table that you want 12.5 AFR at WOT, you need to make sure what the wideband shows is the same. Say you asked for that 12.5 but the wideband shows 12.9 at WOT. You will have to go into the VE and or MAF table and add fuel where it is needed to get the wideband to show 12.5 like you are asking.

The same AFR/Lambda Error you are using will still show you the error percent you are off by. It doesn't matter if it's stoich or PE value, it's just an error against the commanded fueling.

I was just saying that you are currently asking for a really lean AFR for PE, so when you get to that point you should change it to a more safe value. Then make the commanded match the actual fueling.
    Awesome! Thanks so much!!

Tuner in Training
    That is working much better. When I get to dialing in the MAF, would I still disable the LTFT? It's not mentioned anywhere in the guide.

Yes, the LTFT and STFT need to always be disabled if you are using the wideband to correct the fueling.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, the LTFT and STFT need to always be disabled if you are using the wideband to correct the fueling.
    Thank You!