Thread: Stumble off idle cold

Stumble off idle cold

Wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction to help solve an off idle hesitation stumble only when cold. If you hit it to pull into traffic it stumbles so bad it won't move, so you instantly let off and as it recovers step on it a bit slower and it takes off. As soon as it starts to warm up it runs good. Truck is 2003 2500hd with a whipple charged 6.0 and larger injectors (came in kit)and a 4L80E. The customer has dealt with this since the charger was installed. We put a transmission in it and had to tune it due to whoever sold them the kit and tune they had the lock up TCC turned off until 75mph.
    I tried a couple things like changing the cold EQ ratio open loop but makes it run a bit too rich. Don't see any settings like accelerator enrichment. I personally think it needs to be tuned by MAP and not air flow but unsure how to go about it. Any ideas would help.
    Thanks, Jeff2003 Siera6liter1stTune2.hpt

Install a 2 bar MAP and do the 2 bar OS upgrade if you think tuning the VE will be helpful. I sure as hell would be doing that to make sure both side of the airflow model are correct.

I'd also have my wideband installed while doing all this so I can make sure everything is going good.

Without a data log I didn't see anything on a quick look that told me "this" is why it has a stumble.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yep, if you put a wideband on, you can see where it is going lean or rich. Usually, off idle when you step on the pedal, it will go lean and you will need to add fuel to a few of the cells in the ve table to prevent that. Set up eq error and log it. if it is idling at 800rpm and 60kpa, add some fuel at 750 to 850 rpm at 60kpa. This will make a spike in your ve table, so go back and smooth it out to surrounding cells. Check it again and add or subtract fuel. My blower car did the same thing and that is what cured it. It didn't fall on its face, but had a hesitation. Maybe somebody else will chime in, but isn't the ETC Max table supposed to be all 100 ?? Not sure on that 03 computer.
    Oh yeah, for sure do the 2 bar so you will have a boost table.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8